Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Support Thread for Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) Sufferers

Hi tt8 I'm very sorry to see you here in this thread HG robs you of all enjoyment of pregnancy it is cruel Try not to be hard on yourself, like LilyDust said bub will be doing just fine it's really only you at this point that is suffering. I fought meds with my first HG preg, but in the end the balance was in favour of taking them rather than dehydration and starvation, so if you feel you need to don't feel guilty about taking them either, you do what you have to.

Have you had any meds yet? I know it seems a strange question while you're pregnant, I am usually completely anti medications while pregnant but HG is one of the exceptions to the rule.

If you can stomach it coconut water is really good for replacing fluids and electrolytes and minerals. It is low odour and flavour and you can get it in most supermarkets. I know of a lot of ladies being able to drink it when they can't even keep water down. So glad you got fluids in hospital, don't hesitate to go back for more if you need to and try to get there before you are too far dehydrated too the sooner the better.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Default Support Thread for Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) Sufferers

I think I'm here again
    I'm still so sick I'm starting to feel really down actually more frustrated like I want to scream.

Default Re: Support Thread for Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) Sufferers

Oh Joeve, I'm so sorry I remember getting to that stage (after 1st trimester) with DS and thinking 'this is kicking my ass' I really believed deep down I was going to miss out with that pregnancy. It was such a kick in the guts when I admitted it.

It is so unfair that you have to suffer. I hope that this time it is slightly (massively) less awful and that is does go away looooong before your cherub is due

Thanks ;(
    Epic vomiting this morning boo
    My brain has been trying to say it will go away but then it's not. I remember it getting worse around this time last time and I think a similar pattern is happening. I had put on 2 kilos according to my hospy appointment last week but I think I'm starting to lose it all again.

Unfortunately I'm here with you Joeve. I didn't have hg with DS so it came as a huge shock this time around. I've already had one hospital trip for fluids which did break the cycle for a couple of days but back to vomiting everything up again now

Are you taking any meds? I'm on Zofran which helps but doesn't take it away. I really feel for you going through this a second time and I hope it does go away for you before Bubs is born. The thought of being like this till birth terrifies me

Sorry you are sick Em. I was on drip last time
    I'm not taking anything yet.... I'm just hoping it goes away

Me again. Still horrendously sick. I've hit rock bottom today in feeling sorry for myself. Drugs aren't helping I want to go to sleep and wake up in August.
    I'm sick of hearing myself complain

Joeve. I'm sorry you are still feeling so sick it sucks. I'm always thinking about hibernating till this pregnancy is over so I totally get it.

Overall I am better than what I was in the first Tri but I still feel so sick. I'm having a really bad day today so feeling sorry for myself as well. Everytime I think it might be starting to go away it comes back so strong. I get through each day by reminding myself this is my last pregnancy and I never have to experience this again.

Oh Em me too! Exactly the same thoughts

I just need to whinge- I'm so sick of feeling sick! I just want it to go away now I've kept myself sane to date by believing it will go away by 20 weeks and as that gets closer and it's still here I'm getting scared it's not going to go away till birth and I don't know if I can handle that

Em hugs. My thoughts exactly. I'm just short of 24 weeks and no end on sight
    Someone told me they were due in November and I said thank goodness I won't be sick in November
    Trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    I'm really sick of being sick too
    It's just unrelenting

I wish I could give you girls a sympathetic hug because I know exactly how you feel. At around 22-24 weeks in all 3 pregnancies I've really hit a down period where I guess I run out of steam for living with HG, and it's then I realise that I'm in for a marathon not a sprint.

I suspect that hope we feel for it going away at 12/14/16/20 etc. weeks is kind of a self preservation mechanism to keep sane. So we do get royally disappointed when we pass that time and still feel like hell, but if that hope helped us get there it has served a purpose.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011