Thread: Weird hunger feeling that's quite painful

Default Weird hunger feeling that's quite painful

Hi all

Almost 10 weeks pregnant. Morning sickness has been pretty manageable, but I'm getting this revolting feeling.

The best way I can describe it is like hunger, but not in my tummy - higher up under bra line. It starts out ok in the morning and gets worse as the day goes on. By nighttime I'm fairly incapacitated by it - can't eat, just want to go to bed as nothing else fixes it.

It's too early for it to be baby pushing on something, but the thought of adding a growing baby into the mix is pretty awful!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I just thought it was weird morning sickness, but am beginning to think otherwise. A friend suggested gall bladder issues?

Default Re: Weird hunger feeling that's quite painful

Is it a burning pain? I'm thinking of maybe heart burn/indigestion.

No not burning Hestia

Is it like a grumbling, twisting type pain? I had similar pains not long ago which turned out to be my gall bladder. I think it's worth seeing your dr about it tomorrow just in case it is something serious.

Like tinks - I had my gall bladder out recently. Pain was excruciating.

I had gastritis in my second two pregnancies. It was in the exact spot you describe and felt like my stomach was being twisted in knots. It was excruciating. It got so bad during DS1's pregnancy I ended up in hospital on morphine for the pain.

DS2 's pregnancy I started getting it again but resolved it completely by about 15 weeks using a low GI diet and probiotics. Worth getting it checked out anyway but give the diet and probiotics (I used a pregnancy and breastfeeding specific one - PM if you want details) a go - they're both going to benefit you and bub regardless!

Being pregnant increases you estrogen level. This can affect your gall bladder. You can feel pain almost in your back or sort of directly behind your ribs.
    I suffered for years ending told I had indigestion. Obviously fatty foods makes it flare up. Then being pregnant tipped it over the edge.

"Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Extra estrogen can increase cholesterol levels in bile and decrease gallbladder contractions, which may cause gallstones to form. Women may have extra estrogen due to pregnancy, hormone replacement therapy, or birth control pills."

Thanks all! Xo

I actually think for me morning sickness was always a combination of reflux, hunger, nausea and heartburn.... The only thing that helped was eating salty things constantly. If I got a little bit hungry it would get worse. I was usually vomitting in the morning on an empty stomach - it was awful.

I hope it goes away for you soon, I found week 9-11 the worst, and I read somewhere that's pretty common, but if you are worried it is worth checking with your GP or OB.