Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4yr Old Health Issues - Ideas Please

Default Re: 4yr Old Health Issues - Ideas Please

I've got some gastrolyte or similar here, rehydration fluid, icy poles and powder if you need it.

39.2 at 1:30, 38.6 again at 6:45 - nurofen again, will have to go & buy Panadol... I've got the icy poles but she won't touch them, what do you think the chance of her doing the powder/liquid for me?

She won't even sit up herself, only time she's walked was to the toilet

calippos? apple juice? lemonade icy poles?

i have panadol here if you want it. i can do a drive by.

Would she do a nurofen syringe with red cordial? They have the syringe to Sum for the novelty, & red cordial because it's moreish (Apple tells me this isn't a word lol). I've even used a plastic shot glass before lol.

Or just ice pieces in a cup?

Hope she feels better soon x

Got a Dr's appt at 11:40 so will go get juice, lemonade & Panafon then.
    Going to a different Dr just to make sure they are not getting dehydrated etc... Temp hasn't come below 38 this morning, having lemonade icy poles for breakfast.

ETA: we only have sugar free cordial, she didn't want to suck on ice or a face washer.

Oh goodness you poor thing.

This has been the worst year for viruses. My 3.5 year old has copped it badly especially.

I think you're doing a brilliant job trying to find answers.

Just wanted to say the fever itself doesn't need to be treated.i would be giving panadol for pain but try not to continually look at the temperature. My dd gets big temps of 41 when sick but the dr always said only treat when fever is accompanied by pain because the fever is trying to do something. Even febrile convulsions are not dangerous in themselves, just horrible to see.

How is she ZF?

Not well, dr said both have severe viral infections but under strict instructions if either if them vomit, get a rash or have a temp that doesn't drop with an hr of Panadol to head straight to emergency.
    DD1 actually had a temp of 39.4 at Dr's but temps aren't dropping below 37.5 even with Panadol & nurofen.

DD2 isn't drinking or having icy poles so I'm just forcing what I can into her.

He wants them back in the morning to check temps to make sure were not having 3 days of 39+

He commented on DD2's tonsils and said they seriously need to be death with, glad I've got that ENT appt.

He took me seriously too which was brilliant!

Glad to hear it!

Hope things settle tonight x

Hoping things settle for you overnight honey.

Paed tomorrow, both girls still unwell but DD2 worries me. Still not eating properly, temps up & down, sleeping soooo much! It's not her. I'm camped in the lounge with her again, had a rough night last night too... I'm buggered.

Let's hope the paed takes me seriously & can see past whatever she has at the moment or if there is a larger cause???? I'm tired, I'm worried & I'm hoping for someone to listen.

Good luck for today.

Hope your appointments are going/gone well and that drs are really listening to you and can work out what's behind your girls not feeling 100%

been thinking of you heaps these last few days hope that the appointment has been good and insightful xx

Been a very long day, will fill in more tomorrow but her appt went ok, no answers but being taken seriously. I'm buggered

Have been thinking about you too, I'm glad you were taken seriously, and hope all is ok.

Thank you everyone.

Yesterdays apt went well, he took me seriously and said in his professional opinion if mum thinks there is something wrong there is generally something wrong - it may not be serious but there is generally something.
    He agrees that the aching joints, blood nose and headaches are of more concern at the moment than the being tired (as this is usually the side affect of other issues) so he's ordered bloods and said it could be any number of things but no point speculating until we know more.

We did bloods yesterday, poor thing jumped the first time as they got the vein then we got the 2nd arm but not quite enough, so they have enough for 1 lot of tests but today we are going locally to get the rest (HOPEFULLY)

So we got home after that and she still wasn't 100% nor was DD1, babysitter was still here when all of a sudden DD1 started coming out in a rash - rushed her to emergency (as per our GP's instructions) and they think viral rash, possibly fourth disease so she's still coughing and unwell so another couple of days off school

I'm getting the cough and sore throat and feel horrid (as a weeks worth of jack sleep would do to you) so to say I'm over it is a little bit of an understatement.

DD2 seems a little perkier today but as soon as she starts coughing she looks like death again... ahhh the joys.

Glad paed is taking you seriously honey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast