Thread: Lump behind nipple

Default Lump behind nipple

Hi,
    DD is 6 1/2 years old. I recently found out that she has a hard lump behind her right nipple. She says it doesn't hurt and we can't accurately say how long it's been there. At least a few months, maybe more. I've made a dr appointment but it's a week away. What could it be?

Default Re: Lump behind nipple

Bump.... Where is everyone?

absolutely no idea what it could be. hoping it's one of those weird pediatric anomalies that is harmless.

I once had a funny ring about the shape of a 20c piece come up from under my skin when i was about 7. I remember my parents freaking out but it must have just disappeared by itself.

Anyway, have it seen to, probably best to get proper medical advice to put your mind at ease. I recommend not consulting Dr Google.

I can't get an appointment until Friday!! I'm hoping it's nothing bad! My poor girl is worried she's getting boobs at 6 years and is stressing about going to show Dr! Meanwhile I've got all kinds of other nasty things going through my mind. !!!

And thank you for your reply.

My DD2 had a pea sized lump behind her nipple like that when she was 4mths old. The Dr said it was an innocent cyst, hormonal and would go away on it's own. They don't advocate cutting them out as they will unnecessarily remove breast tissue which would affect her breast development at puberty. It went away after a few weeks.

Hmmm... I have heard of that with little babies. Not so much bigger kids. I don't see why that couldn't be the case though. I hope that's all it is! Thanks.

on a journey called life, finding our way home

I hope all goes well with the doctors appointment. positive thoughts your way

Update us with your appointment, so we can be informed. I have a friend she experienced pain and a lump, they say if its movable its better than a steady lump. But since yours (DD) has no pain, its a good sign. Hope its nothing.

The dr isn't worried at all. She said it's breast 'buds'. I asked if DD was too young to be getting those and she said not really and that it might go away before coming back again later on in the future. Phew.