Thread: Possible endo/reproductive issues and high blood pressure...

Default Possible endo/reproductive issues and high blood pressure...

I haven't posted on BB fore a while. Got some issues that I need some insight/stories/advice/help with.

Will give some background first so people know what's been going on and what has already been done re testing etc.
    Feb 2013 - period returned, first one post partum. were irregular for the next few months but had appeared to be starting to semi-regulate again.
    May 2013 - started antidepressants for PPD/PTSD, period became heavier and was lasting even longer than normal.
    November 2013 - weaned off antidepressants, period still semi-irregular.
    December 2013 - period suddenly became irregular.
    Jan 2014-November 2014 - Period very irregular, cycles changed from 28-33 days to anywhere from 21-33 days, periods very heavy and becoming more painful. Occasional mid-cycle bleeding. Develop worsening lower back pain. Sent for x-ray and CT scans of spine. Diagnosed in November with early stages of arthritis in back, compressed and bulging disks in the lumbar region with signs of previous trauma and pinched nerves on the L4 & L5. Given a prescription of Meloxicam for the back pain.
    Nov 2014-March 2015 - hands/fingers became swollen, can't wear wedding rings anymore. Back pain gets worse.
    April 2015 - abnormal abdominal bloating started along with sudden pelvic floor weakness when coughing/sneezing.
    April 2015-June 2015 - periods have been even more irregular lasting from 23 days to 36 days. Pelvic pain/cramping, increased need to urinate. Back pain becomes even worse. Adbodminal bloating increases to the point that I look 4 months pregnant.
    June 2015-July 2015 - see GP, have various blood tests to check for other issues - all of which come back normal. Back pain is even worse and I'm having to increase the meloxicam dosage to manage it. Barely eating anything during the day by this point as I feel full after a few mouthfuls. Start GP care plan to see the dietician (for the not eating) and a chiropractor (for the back pain). Ultrasounds and CT scan (iodine contrast) reveals follicular cysts on both ovaries measuring 1.5-2.3cm in size - 1 on the right ovary and at lease 5 on the left ovary. Also shows a 1.5cm cyst on my right kidney. Nothing else is found. BP is higher than normal (normal for me is 110-115/70) at 120/80 resting. GP refers me to a surgical gynecologist for further investigation. Nothing more is said about BP.
    November 2015 - see surgical gynecologist, some mild tenderness in abdoment on palpation, puts me on waiting list for exploratory laparoscopy query endometriosis due to family history of endo, query ovarian cancer as well due to combination of symptoms. Wean off meloxicam at the end of the month as chiropractor is working to reduce the back pain and I'm mobile again.
    Jan 2016 - bloating is now so bad I look 5 months pregnant. See nurse to renew GP care plan, back pain had been getting better with regular chiropractic treatment but is now starting to get worse again and extending out the left side at the back into my left hip (not the usual nerve pain from the pinched nerves). Have abdominal cramping all month + 2 periods during the month of January. BP is still higher than normal and slightly higher than the last time at 128/85.
    Feb 2016 - get surgery date set for March 14th. Pre-op appointment on 25th of Feb - BP check done by surgical nurse reveals that BP is now up to 140+/90+, tachycardia also present with resting heart rate at 133. Surgical nurse says not to worry and leaves it at that. Period also arrived that same day with an increase in lower back pain. That night severe headache turned migraine with visual disturbances, panadol and nurofen bring it down to a manageable state and I manage to get a whole 6 hour block of sleep without waking up to pee or to roll over from pain.

So yeah, that's the back history.
    Currently waiting for the surgery next month, still got the headache today but at least it's not at migraine proportions anymore, visual disturbances are coming and going and coincide with feeling like my heart is pounding really hard in my chest.
    So I need some advice/help/insight/other stories about the high BP from those who've had it and when I need to worry or head into hospital for it, please?
    I will be seeing my GP as soon as I can get a booking to find out more, but in the mean time I need to know what to watch out for as the nurse yesterday didn't give me any useful advice and google isn't the best place to find accurate information that isn't "worst case scenario's".

Also endometriosis - I know what to expect during the laparoscopy if it is found, but what about afterwards in the coming months? Are there follow ups? Who do I need to arrange to see afterwards for ongoing care?

And lastly - ovarian cancer, how long does it take for biopsies to come back? And if it is found what is usually the next step in regards to treatment? my GP and the surgical gynecologist were pretty dismissive about it when I asked what would happen if it was found, saying it isn't likely because the ultrasounds and CT scan didn't show any tumors/masses (I know that doesn't mean anything if it's stage 1 or 2 where a visible tumor/mass may not have developed yet) so I have no idea what to expect between surgery and whatever diagnosis I end up getting

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Possible endo/reproductive issues and high blood pressure...

Sounds like your having such an awful time
    When you have the surgery are they doing a hystercosy also? Have they done any blood tests? I was under the impression they can test for cancer markers in a blood test.
    What about other things like thyroid?

I want it all over and done already I'm literally sick of being sick.
    Had a bunch of tests done initially, including thyroid, celiacs etc - all came back clear of anything being wrong. Family GP refused to do the CA125 test as, and I quote, "you're too young for it to be ovarian cancer". None of the other GP's locally will do it either as the results if above normal could also mean endo or something else entirely. It's frustrating trying to get to the bottom of whatever is causing my problems and not having the right medical support to do it.
    No hysteroscopy, but having my pap smear done while under GA as it's 2.5 years overdue and I haven't been able to handle having it done while conscious since Em's birth so better that it's done during the surgery than not at all.

I can't help, but couldn't read and not at least offer a hug.

Thank you peanutter xx