Thread: Swollen lymph nodes

Default Swollen lymph nodes

Yesterday morning I woke with swollen lymph nodes (ones that are just under my ears) I had a headache the 2 days prior, but also got AF so this was normal to me. I have been to the doctors and they say it is probably a virus of some sort and that it doesn't look contagious. No sore throat or anything to go with it, strange. My ears feel like they need to pop all the time. I have to go back if it doesn't settle in a few days. But I am uncomfortable and I look like the damn elephant man! My face looks so puffy
    Does anyone know how to make them go down? It's awful

Default Re: Swollen lymph nodes

Mine swell every time I get sick, don't most people's? Pretty sure you just need to rest and keep your fluids up xx

When i get a sore throat etc I get swollen glands a bit, but this is kinda all around my ears. My whole face shape has changed. Plus I'm not sick, which is why it's bothering me Hopefully the swelling will go down soon.

If in doubt check it out that's my motto. It could be anything from an allergic reaction to a mouth ulcer. But if it's concerning you go see your doctor.

My sister just had this! Not sick just woke up with a whole swollen face and throat thing. Very weird. She couldn't figure out what it was with the drs and it took about a week to go down.

They said maybe glandular fever, but she wasn't tired, someone suggested mumps but negative test results, someone else suggested a allergy.. Who knows!

It's so weird!! Mine has since gone now, but it was swollen for about 3 days or so.

Could you have had something going on with your teeth? I notice things get swollen and sore when that's happening sometimes

Default Swollen lymph nodes

Sometimes you can have swollen nodes if you've been exposed to a virus or something. Your immune system responds (hence the swelling) but because it's doing what it's designed to do, you don't get sick. But if it continues beyond a few days you need to get it checked out because it can sometimes be a sign of a hidden infection in your body. Glands that feel hard or rubbery or don't go down after a week or two need to be checked out urgently, especially if you are also feeling fatigued, having night sweats or weightloss. Usually though the swelling goes down and you can congratulate yourself on having an effective immune system!

Thanks everyone, I'm putting it down to a virus of some sort. Funny that it has never happened before. And I doubt this is the first virus i have ever caught! I guess i will congratulate myself on having a good immune system Marydean

My nodes always do that or get sore when I'm coming down with something, especially the ones in my neck. Hope it doesn't kick in!