Thread: Thrush while pregnant? Maybe TMI....

Question Thrush while pregnant? Maybe TMI....

Other than the 6 day canesten cream what else is good for thrush??? Can you have the once tablet???
    I've been using the cream but it doesn't seem to be helping. It feels like someone is stabbing me with hot needles down there!!! SOooooooooo Painful (sorry tmi )
    I only wear cotton undies cause i'm always so caution of getting thrush and even sleep with no undies on when i can to let the air flow through.
    Not been on anti biotics, am going to get some more baby wash to use too.

I'm thinking if i can get something tonight that will help otherwise i'll ask the dr when i'm there with DD tomorrow.

When I was pregnant they told me that I couldn't use the tablet. You could always ask a pharmasist?

I'm sure when I was pregnant I could only use the cream and not the tablet.

you cant take the diflucan tablet but there is a course of tablets you can get prescribed from the doctor that are category A (safe) for pregnancy......I am currently on them for persistent won't go away thrush......the drug is called nystatin if that helps....you have to get it on script though......

Natural yoghurt helps, drinking cranberry juice. Change your undies a couple of times a day.
    I really feel your pain, I had to really bad with DD2. So bad the colour of it panicked the midwife team when I went and got it checked at 36 weeks at the hospital and they sent it off for testing thinking it may have been something else, and they were talking about an emergency c/s Fortunately it was just thrush though!