thread: Urgent help/ideas to ease my pain..

Aug 2008
    qld

Urgent help/ideas to ease my pain..

Was about to ask this on face book till i realised the nature of my topic is well not very facebook friendly for men and children lol

Ok so last week i finished antibiotics for broncitis and sinus, so im assuming this is why its here.

On thursday night i felt what i was sure was the early stages of thrush, so on friday i bought a tub of yoghurt, usually i just eat that and its gone, but i got a different type this time.. i have never ever needed to go to the chemist..

anywho last night was so itchy and so much pain, but after no sleep and countless trips to the bathroom it went away and was just a mild ache while i delt with my dd bday party...

well now ive had time to sit down and relax, im in pain again and i need ideas for natural ways to fix it as we dont get paid till WEDNESDAY!!

please help

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.
    Add Sunny Love on Facebook

Apr 2009
    In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Hi hun!
    Thrush, for me, can get quite nasty and debilitating. And, for me again, can often be followed quickly by a UTI, generally because i'm so 'uncomfortable down there' and out off my wee-wee's. If thrush gets really it needs a GP's attention.

WHOOPS! Just realised you said natural! I would look more into garlic or natural yoghurt. Otherwise public hospy is free.
    Hope you feel better soon love xx

Add ~clover~ on Facebook

Sep 2007
    travelling

No yoghurt left? You can use it as a cream.
    Any antifungal cream lying around the house anywhere?
    Or you can use a garlic clove. There's more info in a thread here somewhere if you have a look around

Aug 2008
    qld

Thanks sunny09..

clover, nope no youghurt let, nor fresh garlic, i do have crushed jar stuff :/ and im looking for nappy rashcream but i dont know where the kids put it... and if i can put it inside?
    I tried paw paw ointment at 4am as i was desperate, it kindastung at first and could be why i eventually fell asleep and woke with little pain..

but omg, ive never felt it this bad before

Aug 2008
    qld

I found a small amount of sudo cream left in a sample pot, am i able to use that on the inside and would it work?

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2004
    VIC

Ok
    Apple cider vinegar and water (1:4 ratio)- dab it on with a tissue- dont douche it on!!

Also have a bath with some lavender and tea-tree in it

Got any clove oil?- thats also another anti-fungal treatment- dilute and dab
    HTH

Add ~clover~ on Facebook

Sep 2007
    travelling

I don't think nappy rash cream of any kind would help... I've used antiseptic in desperate times with DD1. Not sure it helped, but as far as I know Bepanthan has a small amount of anaesthetic in it?

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2004
    Cairns QLD

Suda cream will sooth but don't put it inside.

Aug 2008
    qld

Thanks for the suggestions, i dont have anything
    I dont even have a bath tub in this house!

Looks like im going to be in a world of pain till wednesday, thanks girls for trying to help..

Jul 2008
    summer street

Vinegar! White vinegar or apple cider...put some in a washing basin or large bowl with warm water and sit in it for a while. It should ease the burning.

Eat heaps of fresh garlic, and maybe take panadol for the pain.

You can put yogurt inside and around the itchy area...when you get cash to buy some! Scrounge around for a few dollars...it'll be worth it!

Add ~clover~ on Facebook

Sep 2007
    travelling

Check under the couch cushions :P hopefully there'll be enough for a small tub or 2
    I really hope you work something out soon! I've had thrush plenty of times, but never had to resort to much more than 2 showers a day & not so much bread & vegemite...
    Good luck x

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2004
    VIC

yeah keep off things with sugar, soft drinks, and breads for a bit
    it wont help with the symptoms, but will stop feeding the yeast infection and making it worse.
    got any bepathdine?? Or jock itch cream??? or cream for tinea???
    at very worse a salt bath might give you some relief
    but not too hot as it will make it hotter
    paw paw cream will sooth a bit

Aug 2008
    qld

Thanks girls.
    I do have some vinager, so i could try that.

Last night i smothered the insides with paw paw and while it didnt remove the itch it did ease the pain and i was able to sleep, no idea if its safe.. I also drank heaps of water before bed..

Yesterday was my dd party so i probably fueled it with the softdrink and stuff i ate, i didnt think of that!

Like i said ive never had to do much more than eat a tub of youghurt and its gone, so this is new for me, my mum and sister however suffer regulaerly with it, i text mum last night but she had just given stuff to my sister yesterday lol

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2006
    Winter is coming

I have only had it a couple of times in my life and OMG it is painful! Last time I did the clove of garlic because it was friday afternoon and the pharmacy was shut until monday morning. Can you scratch up a couple of dollars? In the car, under the couch cushions, kids piggybanks? If you do the garlic way, follow it up with the yoghurt when you are feeling better to reintroduce the good bacteria.

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

Anila, I would drink as much water as you can.

Also, have you tried panadol for the pain? You never know, it might help????

Good luck with it!

Aug 2008
    qld

Im making sure i only drink water today, i have been really slack the last few weeks especially when i was taking the antibiotics, which probably hasnt helped.. and im still sick and need to get the repeat filled, but short of cash and with this going on im a bit reluctant!!

Going to take some panadol and veg out on the lounge in my pjs on this rainy public holiday cause im still sick... and will try the vinager when i have my shower, i have it in a spray bottle so will try that lol

Feb 2006
    NSW Central Coast

Could you ask a good friend or family or someone for something? Even if it's for a garlic clove!
    Good luck, thrush is horrid

Aug 2008
    qld

no one has anything and my sister is currently going through it too so shes using her stuff but....

I had a shower and used the vinager in the spray bottle, it did sting a little, but im back on the lounge pj pants only no underwear and it actually feels heaps better, so i might try that again before bed with paw paw as well!

Thanks Girls u have been so great with all ur suggestions, hopefully this will either go away before wed or at least be more manageable till i can get to the chemist!!