Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are all cups made equal? (menstrual cups, that is)

Another mooncup fan here but only ever tried it. I have no issues with it now - like someone said, the first few months were a bit messy getting it in properly. I do still find it a bit icky to empty in the loo - you need lots of loo paper! But in the shower is a breeze. I always give mine a soak in milton (as recommended) at the end of each use and put it away disinfected. It does go a bit yellow and the milton gets it back really clean looking! You need to give it a good wash and clean at least once a day and a rinse/wipe out during the day.
    I sleep in mine too and only ever had slight spill over when I've had a big sleep in - say maybe 9-10 hours.

Also MeLuna have great colours I have one pink and one purple.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU (yes i shouted, some of you live far away) to everyone who replied.

I bought one.

YAY. And the lady i bought it off is friendly and helpful and so even handing over the money was pretty cool. She was all into embracing menstruation - well, i'm not quite embracing it yet, but i'm taking steps to make it less bloody annoying every month!! (no pun intended )

I'll have to tell you all how much i love it when i get it. If i tell non-BB friends they'll think i'm completely mad...

I'll have to tell you all how much i love it when i get it. If i tell non-BB friends they'll think i'm completely mad...
    A real life friend and I were browsing a baby magazine and came across an ad for some type of cup - she commented how weird people must be to use something like that and that they must be hippies! Little does she know (and I'm as far from a hippy as someone can be)!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    If i tell non-BB friends they'll think i'm completely mad...
    I told my boss at work & converted her
    Nice that the lady you bought it from was so nice. FWIW I think travelling with it would be easier than mucking around with tampons & pads, too.

Can I ask what you went with?
    I'm starting to think about it too

I went with Meluna. I got one of their latest model extra soft ones. They say they are a little bit harder to get the hang of to start with, but are more comfortable in the long run. I am a SAHM at the mo, so i figure i can handle taking a few months to get the hang of it. Their german website was kinda funny. Think 'lost in translation'.
    I had to buy it from an international distributor because i couldn't seem to get it here.

We go camping quite a bit ( a bit much for my liking!) and we often end up in places with composting toilets. I HATE having to carrying it all out with me - it's just gross.

I'm actually so looking forward to it that it's a bit sad

You'll love the MeLuna!

I found it handy to keep some of those toilet wipes (those moist wipes you can use as an alternative to toilet paper). Then I can clean my fingers if I need to, and have a wipe and clean up any blood. It feels so much cleaner. Sometimes when I am not in a clean bathroom (or last time we went camping) this is how I cleaned it out.

I know this is an old tread but I just had to pop in to share some cup love. I got mine this week just in time for AF and I think I want to have its little cup babies! I'm in love!

Yes to that helle! What did you get?

I keep wondering why everyone isn't using them! Nothing quite like carrying around your entire years supply of 'tampons' in your handbag at all times. Never need to get caught short, so to speak.

Getting tempted. Especially since I am having trouble getting my boss to get a bin for the girls loo. Sick of taking home used tampons and will not put them in the work kitchen bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
    Getting tempted. Especially since I am having trouble getting my boss to get a bin for the girls loo. Sick of taking home used tampons and will not put them in the work kitchen bin.
    That's not on - maybe you should flush one and hope it gets stuck so he gets the point of why a bin is needed.

Something about the new toilet being the minimum size for a disabled toilet, have to be careful where things are place Either that or he is just embarrassed by organising a bin. Once the reno is over and the boys are back to their own toilet, I may just go ahead and order one

I'm contemplating one again. I used to have a keeper in my 20s, it was useful when using menstrual blood in ritual.

Default Are all cups made equal? (menstrual cups, that is)

Lenny I got a lunette
    A fb business I an a fan of had a huge co-op on them which meant she could get them for$15 cheaper so I thought why not? Got nuthin to lose and who can turn down a sale

I'm so looking forward to giving DD hers when her time comes! She's already seen it in use and DS will be a great advocate for less waste and being more in tune with bodily processes

I have been contemplating getting one since getting AF back too. I think I might now seeing that everyone loves them!

I don't understand how it works though, wouldn't it be more messy? And you can sleep in it? Awesome! I'm not a fan of tampons and all the chemicals and would like to stop using them, I don't want to use pads though, so uncomfortable.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast