Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is a cup the right thing for me?

Default Success at last - wearing cup inside out!!!

I have gotten my Mooncup to work brilliantly now. It has taken me quite a bit of time and a bit of research. But fortunately I didn't give up easily.
    I have a pretty low cervix early in my period and it is also quite heavy on day 2&3. Wearing the Moocup in a comfortable position meant that it was sort of sitting on my cervix and leaking a lot. If I tried to wear it low enough I got no loeaks but it was very uncomfortable because the bottom of the cup was sticking out (and that was with the stem completely cut off.

I found a forum specifically for menstrual cups and got lots of help there. My doctor said I don't have prolapse or anything, so that isn't an issue. Someone suggested weaering the cup inside out. That would never have occured to me. But it makes it just that little bit shorter and with a "squarer" bottom so that I cannot feel it at all when wearing it and I have no leaks at all.

I'm so stoked that it is working now and thought I'd share it here in case someone else can benefit from that tip.

That's great sunshine - I never would have thought of that

Default Is a cup the right thing for me?

Marcellus, yep, MeLuna have like 6 colours. I just re-checked and it's actually purple and pink, nor red. So far I'm really loving having a cup, I can't feel it at all! Tampons would always irritate and they'd sit uncomfortably.

im getting more comfortable with my cup...still wont wear it at night cause i dont trust it, cause im still trying to find that right spot for it to sit. but im getting there =) once i work it out i can see me ordering fancy colours =)

Marcellus, I am trying my best to squeeze it and remove it but I am having trouble, I find it difficult to break the suction and then to keep it folded while removing it, it seems to pop back into shape. I will keep trying though, I haven't had much use for it in the last few years so I have had little practice. Maybe it needs to wear in a little as it is still quiet stiff.

Thanks for your help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123