Thread: I've never used tampons ever! How will I go with a menstrual cup?

Default I've never used tampons ever! How will I go with a menstrual cup?

Yes it's a bit weird but I'm 35 & have never used tampons. I tried inserting them a couple of times as a nervous 14 year old (who had never had anything else put up there iykwim lol) but didn't get very far. Also had a very oldfashioned mum who would only buy me pads. :\

Anyway I've had 1 child via natural childbirth so I imagine I would now be sufficiently 'stretched'....
    But considering I've never worn a tampon I'm not sure how I'd go.

Would love to hear your thoughts

I was the same until I lost my virginity, but even after that I still use Tampax as they have applicators. I probably couldn't do it otherwise!

I was the exact same my mum wouldn't let me use tampons and I tried at 15 but it didn't go well so I never tried again
    But the cup was a breeze it doesn't go as high as tampons so way easier and I've never looked back. Best thing ever!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 so please excuse errors.

Cups are very different to tampons so it was a bit of a learning curve even though I was a regular tampon user. The thing I found hardest is that the cup felt a little uncomfortable for about 5 mins while it warms up enough to shape to the form of my body. I found that with tampons I could feel them too so not much difference there really.
    Removal is a different ball game also and I found that to be quite difficult. There are things that can happen upon removal that I don't think I can say here lol. Let's just leave it at mess and flick.

Because there are a few different ways to fold them, I tried them all till I found one I could actually do. Inserting is only part of the equation because you also have to make sure it has opened properly in situ

It was a bit messy for the first few AF's and I only wore it at home but I worked it out.
    Last edited by ~Raven~; July 22nd, 2012 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks. I think I will get a MeLuna.