Thread: Family 'curses'

Default Family 'curses'

Curious to know if anyone believes in curses? We have some pretty serious bad luck. I have often been asked who I killed in a previous life as this 'bad luck' has only really started happening when DH & I married/lived together. DH's family has some pretty bad luck too. It's one thing after another really. This last unfortunate turn has really left me shocked (really don't want to go into too much detail, but I will say financially it has messed us up a bit especially seeing as I'm going in maternity leave soon)

Is there something we can do to improve our 'luck'? I am the type of person who looks at things from a positive side rather than focus on the negatives. I believe thinking positive brings positivity, but I feel like bit by bit the negs are chipping into my positive being.

Sorry I hope this novel makes sense!

Google citrine crystal and prosperity i think its the left hand corner when looking in the front door can help. And a small mirror above the front door(s) too

As for bad luck, i cant offer much advice as the last 7months have been a constant roll of bad luck.

I'm not sure, but I don't *not* believe some things can be passed through families and played off as 'bad luck' or a 'curse'

For example. I have a older sister, and between her and I there was another sister who was stillborn. We have always spoken of her and she is part of our family.
    As a tribute, my older sister wanted to name her first child after our angel sister and chose her name. My niece was stillborn at the same gestation as our sister.
    Coincidence, perhaps.

I do believe in 'bad luck'.
    I believe that all things will work out in the end, and all the hardships we suffer through will pay off one day and we will be rewarded. Be that in this life or the next.

I'm sorry for your losses. That's incredibly sad.

I think it comes from MIL side. There are things that happen one after the other it's a never ending thing. Sometimes yes, it's life, but when 'bad' things keep happening it makes you think about things a little more. I believe things happen for a reason, but gee, when will it end?

Thanks for the tips dansta.

Is there a pastor from a good church that you could speak with about this issue? There certainly is discussion about curses in the bible.

If you find a way to remove bad luck, I'd love to hear it. Not sure I believe in curses etc but DH and I often joke that we must have killed someone in a past life.
    Last year my FIL passed away when I was 36 weeks pregnant. DH flew to Scotland for the funeral and arrived back 7 days before DS was born. We thought DS would be a ray of sunshine after the loss of DH's father but at 9 days old DS was rushed to hospital in heart failure and he was disgnosed with a heart condition. DS was in hospital for 9 weeks, 6 in ICU and had two open heart surgeries. We ar incredibly lucky that we got to bring him home as we were only given a 20% chance that he would survive the seco9nd surgery. Ever since then life has been a rollercoaster of illness, hospital visits and drama.

MIL and BIL came out for Christmas last year and ended up causing drama, fighting with each other and eventually snuck out a week early without saying goodbye to us or the kids and flew home to Scotland. DH is mending brisges with his mum but still hasn't spoken to his brother. My sister had a surprise pregnancy and still has no idea who the father is despite testing two guys and at the moment, my grandmother has been admitted to hospital with sudden onset dementia.

99% of the time I feel incredibly blessed to have two babies at home and one on the way. I know too many people who didn't get to take their babies home from cardiac ward, I'm so lucky that I did but sometimes it's just all too much. I'm writing this on less than no sleep though as we are recovering from the whole family having gastro follwed by DS getting HFM. Just consider this a sleep deprived whinge. Lol

If you find a way to remove bad luck, I'd love to hear it. Not sure I believe in curses etc but DH and I often joke that we must have killed someone in a past life.
    Last year my FIL passed away when I was 36 weeks pregnant. DH flew to Scotland for the funeral and arrived back 7 days before DS was born. We thought DS would be a ray of sunshine after the loss of DH's father but at 9 days old DS was rushed to hospital in heart failure and he was disgnosed with a heart condition. DS was in hospital for 9 weeks, 6 in ICU and had two open heart surgeries. We ar incredibly lucky that we got to bring him home as we were only given a 20% chance that he would survive the seco9nd surgery. Ever since then life has been a rollercoaster of illness, hospital visits and drama.

MIL and BIL came out for Christmas last year and ended up causing drama, fighting with each other and eventually snuck out a week early without saying goodbye to us or the kids and flew home to Scotland. DH is mending brisges with his mum but still hasn't spoken to his brother. My sister had a surprise pregnancy and still has no idea who the father is despite testing two guys and at the moment, my grandmother has been admitted to hospital with sudden onset dementia.

99% of the time I feel incredibly blessed to have two babies at home and one on the way. I know too many people who didn't get to take their babies home from cardiac ward, I'm so lucky that I did but sometimes it's just all too much. I'm writing this on less than no sleep though as we are recovering from the whole family having gastro follwed by DS getting HFM. Just consider this a sleep deprived whinge. Lol

I just read this now. I've just finished reading a fantastic book which has really changed the way that I think. It's called The Law of Attraction by Esther Hicks. I borrowed it from my yoga library and have since bought it online. Basically, it says that what you think about, you attract (the good stuff and the stuff that you don't want in your life, but also focus on or fear, the more you think about it, the more you bring that stuff in). I only mention it b/c you said that you tend to try and think positive etc and this book was along those lines. The book was saying that most of us are not aware of directly creating what we want in our life (and/or fear or doubt gets in the way, instead of allowing things in etc). We can't change other people or what they attract to their lives and we can't change what happens to others (illness) or how they behave.
    I don't believe in curses, other than the power of belief that people attach to them.

I just read this now. I've just finished reading a fantastic book which has really changed the way that I think. It's called The Law of Attraction by Esther Hicks. I borrowed it from my yoga library and have since bought it online. Basically, it says that what you think about, you attract (the good stuff and the stuff that you don't want in your life, but also focus on or fear, the more you think about it, the more you bring that stuff in). I only mention it b/c you said that you tend to try and think positive etc and this book was along those lines. The book was saying that most of us are not aware of directly creating what we want in our life (and/or fear or doubt gets in the way, instead of allowing things in etc). We can't change other people or what they attract to their lives and we can't change what happens to others (illness) or how they behave.
    I don't believe in curses, other than the power of belief that people attach to them.