Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freaked out :(

Default Freaked out :(

Okay so I'll premise this by saying that although I definitely do believe in having senses of spirits etc, I have never been a full on believer. But something really scary happened last night and I'm not sure what to make of it or what to do.

DD2 woke up last night, DH and I were out in the lounge. She wasn't full on crying, just waking up. I went in to feed her, and she was as I left her, wrapped up snug. Except she had blood on her head. I freaked out. On closer inspection, she had a few small cuts on her forehead (one was bleeding) and small scratches all over her head. So normally I'd assume she scratched herself in her sleep, but she was still completely wrapped. There was nothing for her to roll on, she was exactly as I left her, no cat in the room. I'm really uneasy now. I don't think I can quite believe something did this to her, but then at the same time, how the hell has it happened? Should I do anything to 'protect' her? It was really scary, even DH who is a total non believer in anything past death is weirded out.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/27/jaqupa3a.jpg
    Last edited by OceanPrincess; March 27th, 2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: No images in posts please

on a journey called life, finding our way home

I have no advice, my first thought was she scratched herself but as you said I'm sure she can't wrap herself back up. Hope someone else comes in to give some insight

that is worrying. does the cat go into the room at all? i ask because animals have a good sense of this sorta thing and generally avoid areas of spirit occupancy.

as someone that has dealt for many years with a horrid physically attacking spirit i would be concerned. my first step would be some smudging. and if you havent already try cover her and all of you really with white light. if you havent done it before get practising! google is your friend i would say.

also, sometimes just being a direct mama-lion is enough. tell 'em they are not welcome and she is protected. you will feel it in yourself when you have got a good barrier built up.

if it is a no good spirit that has done this dont even begin to enter into dialogue with them. dont ever have leading statements or open ended sentences. firm and direct with no room for response.

one thing that in the end really helped me (but this was really at the end of a looonnnggg period of scary stuff) was that i ended up resorting to some good old catholic sentiments and use the cross and all that. not that i believe in religon per say but because sometimes (and in this case) ghostie did and it TOTALLY freaked him out and kept him at bay (sitting in the corner fuming at me but way better than sitting on me lol).

Yeah I'll have to google, I have no idea about any of that lol. I did say while I was feeding her back to sleep "Whatever you are, **** off" haha. The cat doesn't really go into the bedrooms but that's mainly because we don't let her because she sheds so much.

Oh, scary!

Could it be an allergy rash? Could DD1 have done it? Could she have scratched herself by rubbing her head against something?

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinZulu View Post
    I did say while I was feeding her back to sleep "Whatever you are, **** off" haha.
    haha! love your style!

N2L has a point...could it be allergy related? or is it proper scratches (as opposed to red/raw skin)

It's proper scratches, the smaller ones are gone today but the one that bled and a few others are scabbed over. I'm at an absolute, total loss. DD1 was asleep in her room, DD2 asleep in ours. Both baby monitors were in and even so, doors were closed and DD1 can't open them yet. Cat was out with us. DD2 was asleep in the middle of our queen sized bed. I keep trying to think of an explanation and I can't.

Could it have been her feet? The weren't wrapped last night. That's some extreme acrobatics though...

How long are her toe nails?
    Where she was sleeping, run your hands over it all and make sure there was nothing in or on the bed, stuck on the sheets, no splinters or sharp bits at the mattress level on the surrounds or anything...?

Is there a zip or anything on the thing she was swaddled or wrapped in?

No, nothing on the bed, fresh linen, she was only wrapped in a blanket, no zips or anything. Her toenails are short, but could still scratch. I just can't see her reaching. She's sleeping now exactly as she was last night, I'll post a pic. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/27/ajary6u6.jpg
    Last edited by OceanPrincess; March 27th, 2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: No images in posts please

Default Re: Freaked out :(

Ok so this isn't a metsphysical reply and it is a bit icky, but i watched a foxtel show a while ago where a baby was waking up with unexplained scratches on his face and forehead and it turned out to be mice having a nibble when bubs was asleep :eek: they were only able to find this out by installing a night vision camera and taking turns in keeping watch.

Could it have been an insect, spider, caterpillar maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gee_Whizzy~ View Post
    Ok so this isn't a metsphysical reply and it is a bit icky, but i watched a foxtel show a while ago where a baby was waking up with unexplained scratches on his face and forehead and it turned out to be mice having a nibble when bubs was asleep :eek: they were only able to find this out by installing a night vision camera and taking turns in keeping watch.

Was she wrapped all night pz? Could it have happened the feed prior to when you noticed, but it was dark so didnt see them? (So she scratched herself when feeding then you wrapped her and she went to sleep)
    Other than that I have no logical explanation apart from some sort of bugs or insect..
    Though it does make me wonder whether the post you made ages ago to do with someone standing out the front of your house is related. (As in, it wasnt actually a person, but a spirit or something)
    Last edited by xXHopeXx; March 27th, 2013 at 12:41 PM.

Ahhh hope don't say that! Didn't even occur to me!

While I can't say it's not mice, I don't think it is at all. She's been stretching her left leg a bit higher than normal today, I'm going to watch her at her next nap.

any chance dd1 was in with her?

Hope its toenails .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast