Thread: Ouiji boards?

Default Ouiji boards?

I was just looking through a Facebook page about the 70's and 80's and there was a photo of a Ouija board and pretty much every comment ( and there were heaps) were saying they are evil, stay away, don't do it and anecdotes about all these bad experiences. I remember my mum told me she did it once snd something bad happened but she wouldn't tell me and said I should never do it. I am just wondering if all these people are right and it is a real way of communicating with the spirits and that fir some reason evil spirits generally come through and cause bad things to happen to you. Something about that doesn't sit right with me. Also wasn't it marketed as a game for children? How can that be?

A Ouija Board *is* a board game - it was never meant to be taken seriously as a divination tool. It is myth, hype and urban legend that gives it its reputation.
    From what I remember, the board is still owned copyright held by Parker Brothers - the same people that own Monopoly. LOL

on a journey called life, finding our way home

Default Ouiji boards?

I remember making these as kids and playing with them when we had sleep overs. One time our friends dad came in and saw what we where doing a totally freaked out, told us never to do it again and that they are really dangerous?

Default Ouiji boards?

That's what I thought limeslice, but 99% of people swear they have experienced something when using them and usually bad!

I've used them a few times and have experienced very dark, unpleasant feelings during contact with a spirit. I wouldn't recommend their use unless you know what you are doing tbh.

I've never used an offical one. but use to frequently use a deck of cards for contacting spirits. only once when i did it i got an uncomfortable feeling, so i stopped. every other time was a very warm loved feeling when doing it.

traveler.. this is what I mean.. how can they make a 'game' and market it for children (albeit back in the 70's/80's) and have it be dangerous? is it real or is it just the hype and reputation that lime slice mentioned? I dunno.

It wasn't invented in the 70s/80sm it was invented in the 1880s or 90s I think. It has been around a while now.

But there is no way to answer the question you are asking. If you believe in spirits, then you may believe in good AND 'evil' spirits. If you believe that then you can believe that they can communicate and this may be a method they use to do that.
    However, if you don't believe in spirits or in an ability for them to communicate, then it is nothing more than the game for children it is intended to be.
    Indeed, even if you *do* believe in spirits etc, then you may also believe that the oiuja board is nothing more than game with no power at all.
    If you don't believe in spirits etc then there is no possible way for it to be 'dangerous'.

id say it is the hype and reputation. and also isnt that the point of the 'game' to scare you a little. but for fun.

I didn't realize it had been around for that long. I guess it became popular in the 70's/80's. I do believe in spirits and so I guess I do feel that there could be a danger in using this (and so I have never tried) but I just find it odd that a company would produce such a thing. I guess I don't have a point in this post, its just something I find interesting. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ~TT40~ View Post
    id say it is the hype and reputation. and also isnt that the point of the 'game' to scare you a little. but for fun.

Nightmare scared the crap out of me! LOL And that was a game for children too... He could even read your mind and knew what you were going to do and say before you said it, and communicated to you via the VCR and TV... Nobody ever warned me that the VCR could be evil...

Default Re: Ouiji boards?

lol i LOVED Atomsfear as a teenager (which was the upgraded version of Nightmare) we would alwaus play it (and all the different versions) at sleepovers. basically only had sleep overs just to play it =p

on a journey called life, finding our way home

Default Ouiji boards?

I forgot about nightmare that **** was so scary lol I used to hide behind a pillow

I've never used the "game" but have done saeances (sp?) via a home made ouili board and I most definitely believe they are real and there is some kind of "force" or spirit there. Only a couple of times was I scared, the rest of the time it was relatives (spirits) coming through, well, at least that's what the board told us. sometimes I was a little skeptical they were who they said they were.

I'd be really interested to know of other people's experiences??

A friend of mine has a really old ouji board with a crystal that we used to use frequently. We had a lot of interesting experiences using it, some good and some bad. We had relatives coming through, passed friends, and some spirits we didn't know. We also had a little saying that we said together before starting, it was supposed to keep "evil" spirits away.
    Personally, I believe in it.

Default Re: Ouiji boards?

We did one as kids about 13yrs old to prove once and for all if ghosts were real as we wanted proof if they were!

It proved without a doubt to all 5 of us that they were!
    We all accused eachother of moving the glass with our fingers so removed them and the glass did move still answering our questions and then went crazy round the table until it flew off onto the foor.
    You can imagine our shock!

After that I think it opened some sort of spirit door and for many years I dealt with a lot of spirit things going on!
    I would not reccomend opening that door unless you know what your doing! It freaked me out!
    And worse thing is you can't just talk about that kinda thing to most people as most won't believe it! Lol and I don't blame them!
    But after all that I can't deny any more lol.

Don't do it is what I say!

I have so many experiences after that point in my life that would stand the hairs on the back ofyour neck and the people around me have got to whitness at times also so I know it's "real" ( that kind of thing makes you check ha ha )