Thread: Unsettling feeling like someone's here

Default Unsettling feeling like someone's here

Last night while getting up to DD2 it felt as though there was a 'presence' in our house. It really made me uneasy thinking there was someone here although I couldn't see anyone.

I believe both our girls have people looking out for them. DD1 was born 5 months after dh's grandfather passed and is also born on his birthday. DD2 was born 6 months after my grandfather passed. Both would have adored our girls.

It's not the first time I've felt this way. A few years ago a friend of ours passed away and to this day I swear that night I felt someone sit on the edge of our bed and got up after a few minutes.

Also our house Is approximately 100 years old.

Anyway have any insight to these occurances ? Do you have similer feelings.

I've had feelings like that before. Sometimes they are comforting, sometimes unsettling. If it's unsettling to you then calmly tell them this is your house and ask them to leave, it often does the trick.

I don't mind them here as im sure they are visiting the girls and watching them. Was just the feeling of someone here that was weird

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    I've had feelings like that before. Sometimes they are comforting, sometimes unsettling. If it's unsettling to you then calmly tell them this is your house and ask them to leave, it often does the trick.
    Yeah, was going to suggest the same. If you feel a presence at first you may feel uneasy or scared but then if it is someone who you are ok with being in the house you should feel a calm come over you.

I get this all the time since moving to DHs family farm house. It too is over 100 years old and has been in his family for 4 generations (DD is 5th gen) and was built by his family. A psychic once told me that this house will never be empty. It spooks DH but I kind of like the thought that we are surrounded by people that love us and look after us. I too believe that DD has many people watching out for her, she was definitely the rainbow after the storm. When we first moved in both my mum and I felt things. Then it went away for a few weeks and came back with a vengeance when DD was due in June. It was like everyone was coming to meet the new baby. I spoke to the psychic a week before by wedding at the farm in 2011 and she said that everyone was around from both sides our families to celebrate.

I've had 2 occasions, one was just last night, where I've felt uneasy and I have asked politely if they can please go as I am feeling uncomfortable. The first time was in my bedroom and the feeling went away. Last night it was in the hallway just outside DDs room. I often feel as though DH must've come in and walked quietly up the hallyway and be standing in the doorway watching but when I turn, he isn't there and in fact isn't even in the house. Last night it just made me uneasy. So I asked that they go. I feel that they went up the far end of the hallway but did not leave. I felt better about it then. I believe that they're all okay, this was once their house and we are family but I think the ones that make me feel uneasy I don't know. They must be long past relatives that I have never met. I don't think my MIL or DHs grandparents or brother would make me feel like that. Even though I've never met his brother or his grandfather both have come through with lots to say at my readings.

I'm hoping to see the psychic again to see what she thinks.

I think it is okay to ask them to leave. They should respect that. Hope the uneasy feelings stop.

Don't feel unsettled. It's okay. I am not sure if the presence you felt was your friend who has past, but the feeling you say you got years ago, I believe, was indeed your friend, coming to see you before or as they crossed over. The spirit is very strong, and they couldn't leave without that last goodbye. I am sure they are still around.

As the others have said, it's okay to ask them to leave. It's also okay to ask, if you would prefer, that they stay out of certain rooms, ie,your bedroom to give you the personal space you want.

And yes, I do get similar feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Netix View Post
    , but the feeling you say you got years ago, I believe, was indeed your friend, coming to see you before or as they crossed over. The spirit is very strong, and they couldn't leave without that last goodbye. I am sure they are still around .

That's what I thought. He was young and highly unexpected. Thank you for confirming my thought

Netix - you believe I was correct in thinking the presence years ago was our friend. Do you feel the presence I have felt more recently could be my grandfather and/or dh's grandfather or grand mother visiting?? I have only lost 1 grandfather and our girls
    Would be his only great grand daughters. DH has lost both grandfather (his mothers father he was especially close to and they are very similer) and one grandmother (again close to)

If anyone else has insight pls feel free to share.

I have no issue with them visiting. Just a wierd feeling.

Onelittleprincess; I'm sorry I am not sure who you can feel around you, whether it is a relative or someone more tied with your house. I hope someone else will be able to perhaps tell this one. Sorry about that.

That's ok just thought I'd pose the question