Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Booked in to get a Mirena next week ...

Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by deletedit; August 9th, 2016 at 08:03 AM.

I had a mirena for 15 months and absolutley LOVED IT!!!! The only reason I had it taken out was we wanted another baby. I would have got it put straight back in but DH had a vasectomy instead. Kinda wish he didn't so I had an excuse to get it put back in.

I was absolutely terrifed sitting in the waiting room to get it put in but it was a piece of cake. I didn't even know it was done when my dr pushed his chair back and stood up. Didn't even need panadol afterward. The thought was worse than the actual procedure.

I loved it!!

subbing for good stories, cause I chickened out and cancelled my appointment..

Will prob rebook again when DH has a set roster and can book for him to come with me..

Mine went in easy. No issues and didn't even feel it.

Bleeding was slightly over the place for a while but settled. The Only reason I had it out was TTC.

I'm getting mine soon.
    Subbing for good stories as I'm a massive chicken-pants.

I love, love, love mine. It was a little uncomfortable going in but honestly nothing bad at all.

I only get minimal spotting when my period is due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting mine in soon too so also subbing.

I have had mine for about 4 months now and so far no issues. Cannot comment on the bleeding because I am still breastfeeding and have no periods. Bled and cramped for about 5 days after insertion (at hospital under general anaesthetic) but nothing since. Couldn't deal with the pill, and this seems like a much better alternative for me.

deleted
    Last edited by deletedit; August 9th, 2016 at 08:02 AM.

Great to hear all went ok.

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

I just read the poll for Mirena and have gone from thinking it was a great idea to get one to being terrified. but all the comments that are negative are from users with only 1 or 2 posts....which im sus about. so....users i know and trust....how are you going with Mirena????

Still no problems here. Very happy with mine.

I loved mine. Three g/f also have one and they all love it too. I wouldn't hesitate to get it again (DH now has had the snip so don't need it).

deleted
    Last edited by deletedit; August 9th, 2016 at 08:00 AM.

The first one fell out but I liked it so much I went back for a second and 3 years later it's still in place.
    Love it.

Funnily enough with the first my periods went but with the second I still get them. Not very heavy but still a proper period.

I had one for 2-3 years. Was told to get it in on the last day of AF. Only bled an extra day (had pap smear at same time). Was also advised to take ibuprofen before have it put in. I didn't find it painful or anything.
    Only had 2 light periods the whole time. Had it out to ttc and got smear done again at same time.

As far as other side effects it did make me a bit grumpy, and stuff like that. But all hormone contraceptives do that to me.

I had mine removed this year due to side effects. Mood swings no libido and weight gain were the main ones. The possitive was no period for over 2 years.

Had mine in about 4 years took it out to ttc otherwise loved it.
    Only took about 5 months to get a bfp after it too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast