Thread: Copper IUD

Default Copper IUD

Does anyone have this?

i had the implanon removed today as I was getting practically every side effect you could, hair falling out, headaches, weight gain, bleeding etc so now I want a non hormonal contraception because Im not going back to hormones and well not keen on using condoms for the rest of my life.

so if you have the copper one can you let me know how it was for you.

I haven't had one but I have seriously looked in to it.

I know that they make you bleed more often and more heavily. They can also be quite expensive as they are not on the PBS.

wow so they will put all sorts of hormonal crap on the PBS but anyone who cant handle that has to pay top $$

Yeah. Copper went out of fashion once the Mirena came in.

Have you completed your family? Copper can stay in for up to 8 years I think, so you'll want to get your money's worth.

I can't have any birth control that has oestrogen in it as it caused me to get blood clots.

The good thing about an IUD as it only concentrates on the area it's needed, unlike tablets that need to go through the GI tract and into the blood stream etc.

I watched an episode of house once where a woman ended up having an alergic reaction to a copper IUD after building an intolerance to it over time...

dunno if it happens but it's something to consider if you're senstive to metals...

I have heard so many bad things about the implanon. It's a wonder it's even still out there.

deleted

Last edited by deletedit; August 9th, 2016 at 07:50 AM.