Thread: iud and pain

Default iud and pain

Aplogies if this isnt in the right place, couldnt find a contraceptive area.
    So I had my copper iud put in on the 5th of august, all went well, no pain, slightly uncomfortable.
    I had my first period with it on the 1st of september, all relatively normal.
    Last thursday night I started getting a dull cramp and thought it was my period coming on, pain gradually got worse until it was constant. I was wriggling and worming around in pain and thought it was a uti. Took ural, few hrs later pain was almost gone.
    didnt think anything of it again until last night when it started with some stabbing pains in my lower abdomen gradually building to what I can only describe as one constant labour contraction, I implied my labour moves, swaying hips ect to try and ease it but nothing worked and I ended up on the bed in the feotal position crying with my partner using a cold compress on my head because I sweating big time. Same thing, few hours later pain eased enough to sleep and today everytime I sit I get a shooting pain up my butt and it feels like my inside are going to fall out of my bum :/
    Not constipated, or got the runs or anything to that effect, just alot of pressure.
    any stories/advice greatly appreciated
    Skye

Default Re: iud and pain

I would be seem by your doctor it could be that the IUD has moved in your uterus

I think you should see a Dr ASAP. It can become dangerous if it has migrated.

Update, iud hasnt moved. Suspected ruptured ovarian cyst