Thread: Mirena and Sex....the awkward conversation I would rather not have with my male GP

Default Mirena and Sex....the awkward conversation I would rather not have with my male GP

Hi all,

Last night DH and I were DTD and rather awkwardly in the middle of it he says to me, "I can feel it" I said
    "Feel what?" He says "The Mirena?" So I said " Is it sharp like?" he says "No, I can feel it rubbing against the head!?" WTF? you should not be able to feel it right?

yep I had to have that conversation with my (male) gynacologist. They can trim the wires so your husband cannot feel it, it's what they did for me. My husband loved that they had to do that for him

you most likely need the strings cut a little shorter. happened to me too. don't be embarrassed, its not uncommon.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

Thanks ladies haha! Now I can just ask for the strings to be cut and not have to share all the gory details!

My ob said he doesn't like to cut it too short or it pokes. But he told me that when he was putting it in. I had it after DD1. Whatever he did, DP said sometimes he could still feel it, but it wasn't an issue (ie not painful or offputting!).

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer13 View Post
    My ob said he doesn't like to cut it too short or it pokes. But he told me that when he was putting it in. I had it after DD1. Whatever he did, DP said sometimes he could still feel it, but it wasn't an issue (ie not painful or offputting!).
    Yeah, I don't think DH minds too much maybe I'll chat to him about it, I would hate to get the strings cut and then have it poke him worse

I had this issue too. My ob just rewound the wires around my cervix better. DH never complained again.

I think your GP would have a fair idea you're having sex with your hubby! Just tell him - he won't care in the least I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by ausgirl View Post
    I think your GP would have a fair idea you're having sex with your hubby! Just tell him - he won't care in the least I'm sure
    lol true