Thread: Mirena side effects running out?

Default Mirena side effects running out?

Can anyone tell me how long they got side effects from their Mirena? Mine has stopped my fortnightly haemorrhaging, PMS and migranes. I had it put in 3 years ago. This month I have had a migrane, 2 periods (normally I get one every six months) and lots of acne. Plus I have been hormonal and flipping out at the kids for no reason which of course I feel terrible about. Is this likely to be my mirena wearing out? Can I have it removed straight away and replaced if that is the case? I am terrified of going back to my periods the way they were.

Have you checked that it's in place? When mine fell out the first I knew of it was my period returning to normal and freaking me out.

It's definitely still there, and I think still in the same place. I need a pap test though so was going to ask the nurse to check incase it's moved.

anyone else noticed a loss in the good side effects of their mirena after less than 4 years?

Also, has anyone had a cervical ablation done and what was the reason/result?

I had cramping issues after three years, but nothing else (an u/s showed very thin lining that the Mirena was rubbing on). I had it taken out at four years to prepare for TTC. It took three months of two week cycles before my body returned to normal. My hormones were all out of whack.

I would check it's still there too!

I had a good check when I was emptying my mooncup and it's still there, still in the same place as far as I can tell. I'm so sad, I didn't want it in, I actually wanted a hysterectomy because my mum suffered for 20 years with her periods before they gave her one but they refused (and TBH I can't blame them as I was 27 when I requested it ) but I don't want to deal with these horrible, painful periods every 3 weeks, especially as this one is heavier than the last so if I am headed back to where I was I will be unable to work on the first few days of my period because I can't stand for more than a few minutes and can't be far from a toilet.

If I get it taken out can they replace it straight away or do I have to wait for a while? I don't need it for contraception and will never be TTC again.

I had my first one in for three year before taking it out for TTC, this time it has only been in 8 mths. I never had trouble with it the first time and haven't (touch wood) so far this time.

I'm sure they replace with new one same time old one comes out

If you want continuous contraception you have to get a new one inserted at the same appointment as you get the old one removed.

That's a relief, thanks