Thread: Preparing yourself to say goodbye

Default Preparing yourself to say goodbye

How do you prepare yourself to say goodbye? How do you explain to your young children that they need to say goodbye?

Our daughter looks very sick on the ultrasound and we don't know how long she will be with us. I am trying to prepare myself

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Default Re: Preparing yourself to say goodbye

No advice just a huge hug xx

Our sweetheart my love and strength is with you and your gorgeous family. There is no right way to handle this awful situation but I know that you will find the strength and courage to handle it in truly beautiful fashion. Your kids are everything in your world and I know that the way you choose to explain will be perfect. I am so so sorry that your precious daughter is very sick, after everything you have fought to be blessed with your family this is just heartbreaking You know where I am xxxx

So sorry to read this. I don't have any advice as I can't even begin to imagine. But just wanted to offer you some x

Razzberry, I'm so, so sorry to hear this Sids and kids have some resources which might help Bereavement Resources for Children & Families | Sids and Kids

Go gently xoxo

so sorry, razberry. xx
    not knowing how I would handle it, I think something along the lines of what you have written in your initial post about the baby not looking very well on the ultrasound & not knowing how long she will be with you. thinking of you. xx

Just big hugs
    I'm so sorry xo

Oh so sorry Razberry. Big hugs!

Razzberry, I rarely come on bellybelly anymore, but have been checking it the last few days to see if there was anymore news. I am so so sorry, big hugs to you and your family.

Razzberry ~ My heart is breaking for you. I send you and your family the biggest of loving hugs to try and help you through this.
    I've had to do this 3 times now with my DS. I was honest, and even when he was young, I explained to him that our Babies weren't able to stay in Mummies tummy any longer, and that their spirit was needed for other babies. We aren't religious, but it helped my son to believe there was a higher power that they were needed with.

I let him cry, I let him throw tantrums and I let him be angry at me for not "keeping his babies safe".

I let him write a letter and bought him a teddy in memory of each little baby.

He still has the first bear from 1998.

There is no way to make this easy for your young children. Just be there for them, and grieve with them, and most of all, be kind to yourself.

Love & Light
    xxxxxxx

You've had some good advice here.

I'm so terribly sorry Xoxox

My heart goes out to you . To be honest I really don't think there is a way to prepare yourself. When we found out Emmanuel was incompatible with life I truly thought I could prepare myself emotionally but it just doesn't work out that way. We told our children the truth that Emmanuel was very sick, children can be amazingly strong. I send you so much strength, love and peace through this difficult time and please know that my inbox is open if you ever feel like a chat.

Regards,
    Dianne

So sorry to hear razzberry. *hug*