Thread: Two Nannies for Three Children???

Default Two Nannies for Three Children???

Okay so at the end of July we are heading up to Noosa for a wedding. The wedding is a day wedding, ceremony at 11 am and lunch to follow at 12 pm so I am guessing that the lunch will finish up at approx 4 pm ish. We have DD who is 4.5 yrs, DS1 who is 2.5 yrs and DS2 will be 4 months and 3 weeks. We are going to organise a nanny through an agency up there but I am just thinking should we organise two nannies? Not that any of my kids are over-demanding iykwim but just thinking if DS2 is not happy and grizzly then DD and DS1 probably wouldn't get a look in and would just be left alone alot of the time. So would you organise two nannies for the three of them and if you are a nanny is this common and something you would also recommend as well? (DS2 is booby fed, I will be leaving ebm, he feeds to sleep but can be rocked off to sleep too).

Thanks in advance.

TBH any experienced nanny would handle three children of that age on her/his own.

Any reason you cannot take the baby with you and just get the other 2 looked after?

I think one nanny should be able to look after three children as it's not an all day thing and most likely sleep time will also happen.

Hope you have a wonderful time and great weather.

I used to work in childcare and would have no problem looking after three children of that age. Any experienced child minder (nanny, childcare worker, even babysitter etc.) should have the skills to do it. If not, you're employing the wrong one!

Quote Originally Posted by CQuin View Post
    I used to work in childcare and would have no problem looking after three children of that age. Any experienced child minder (nanny, childcare worker, even babysitter etc.) should have the skills to do it. If not, you're employing the wrong one!
    I'd feel a bit miffed it being my profession if you felt you needed to hire another person for 3 children too.

Thanks for all your replies.

Rivlas - the bride & groom know we have just had a bub and only our names were on the invitation, I don't really want to ask them if we can bring DS2 along, nothing was suggested so I am just taking it to mean that we can't.

Ausgirl & CQuin - that makes me feel better, I was just unsure if DS2 was super grizzly and missing me and it was a strange place for DD and DS1 and they started acting up that it could all turn to mayhem and two people would make it easier on everyone.

I will probably go back halfway through and make sure all okay and feed DS2.

Thanks again Ladies.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I would be asking about taking DS2 to wedding as he is only little. I was worried about people feeling they couldnt bring babies to ours and made it clear to the 3 with babies that they were very welcome! My MOH had a 9 month old, and another friend at 8 month old and then a 6 week old.
    Most people are generally ok with a baby its more the annoying toddler age to young child they don't want at a wedding.

Otherwise thought I think 1 nanny would be fine with 3 kids. But are they going to be in a hotel room? appartment??

We have hired a house only ten mins walk away so there is no problem with me getting back and forth. I really don't want to ask and feel ok about him not coming as we aren't far away and it is a day wedding not evening when he tends to be on the boob all night long. I will also talk to the nanny agency about it all too.

One would be more than enough. If overtired mums can handle three kids, a professional nanny certainly can!

Hope you enjoy the wedding, we had dear friends get married when DD2 was 7 months and DD1 just gone 2 and I really wish I'd had that option. I basically missed all the fun and half the ceremony until the last hour when they were both asleep. If you can get a sitter and trust them, kick back and relax!