• Mamia (Aldi Brand)

14 23.33%
  • Other

2 3.33%

thread: Best value disposable nappies

Jan 2005
    Down by the ocean

Best value disposable nappies

Please share the disposable nappies you found to be the best value.

Apr 2007
    the Sauna

huggies are the best for overnight , and snugglers are crap even tho they are made by the same comapny !!

Feb 2007
    Central Coast NSW

I Have tried a few different brands (snugglers - hate them ... huggies good but pretty expensive... babylove great) but atm its Mamia (Aldi Brand) .... i find them very cheap and great to use through the night

Apr 2007
    melbourne

my vote was for huggies!! the best for overnight use!!

Oct 2006
    Melbourne, Victoria

Huggies definately, esp when you can get them for $30 a box. Toys R Us have them at the moment for $32 which is still a very good deal. Aldi's nappies gave my DD a really bad rash around her waist.

Oct 2004
    Sydney

Huggies are great and very absorbant, and even better when they are on sale! I'll always buy a box when theyre cheap. Otherwise, I buy the Coles brand as they seem to work just as well for us. I have used Snugglers but they didnt seem to soak up as much as the Huggies and Coles. I have also used the Babylove nappies, but they dont seem to fit on Claires bum very well. Woolies nappies seem a strange shape to me - like too wide or something.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

aldi only here. but only very occasionally,

Jan 2006
    The Hawkesbury

Thanks Sammi!!

I generally like Huggies.. but am after something a little cheaper. Ive just bought Youll love Coles and they seem to be going pretty good. I think theyre actually just as good as huggies (they have the grip tabs also), but just arent as soft. I'll probably buy them when Huggies arent on sale.

BTW Woolies have a Huggies special this week, 2 packs for $30.. which is equivelant to buying a box!

With Aldi brand.. i used them once but wasnt too sure about them being unisexed? Do you think that makes a difference. I also found them quite hard to put on... like theyre not shaped around the legs?

Feb 2004
    Melbourne

We use the You'll Love Coles ones all the time now. We used to use Huggies, but when they changed the shape of them we started to have issues. To me, the Coles ones are the same as what the Huggies used to be like & cheaper too.

Jul 2005
    Rural NSW

I think I've tried nearly every brand in the poll over the past 13 years of my nappy-changing life (have worked in a creche for 5 years in between my children and parents had to supply their own). Huggies are good but way too expensive and I found that the newborn size grips the very small babies skin too tightly around the legs (and I have scrawny babies too!). Aldi's Mamia brand are by far the best. I recommend them to everyone.

Follow Pandora On Twitter

Jan 2005
    cowtown

we use huggies and woollies select.
    I only get the huggies when they are on sale, so for us they are good value as they rarely leak (and only when our heavy wetting DS splits them!).

woollies select I would have voted for until this week, when more than half of the nappies from the box I bought recently have had the grip tabs break wither when I put them on, or while he's been wearing them, so I've only noticed when I've changed him.

Jul 2005
    Rural NSW

I forgot to add that I once had to buy another brand: Nature's babycare (from Coles) and i also found them to be very good and a bit more ethical/environmentally kind than Huggies.... it was only the price (cheaper) that keeps me with the Aldi brand.... if they were the same price i would use them more often (Nature's).

Nov 2005
    in a house!

ok i have tried heaps in my DS's short life.

I have heaps of aldi nappies here that wont get used He is 6 kilos now and the 3-6 kilos nappies leak out of everywhere as they are too big i guess?

We have never leaked out of huggies or baby love.

We use babylove during the day and huggies at night. I buy the big boxes of baby love from big w and they are much cheaper

BellyBelly Life Member

Jul 2004
    House of the crazy cat ladies...

I used Huggies for over a year, and loved them. Then tried Baby Love which also did the job well... but I would have to say that for price, the Mamia (Aldi ones) win hands down. To me they are very similar to Huggies, and better than BabyLove, and have never once leaked!
    I really, really, really don't like Snugglers. Their sizing is way too small, they have barely any padding/absorbancy, and they dont have a stretch waist - which I think is very important for bub's comfort.

Nov 2005
    in a house!

oh yes, i tried snugglers and they felt thinner than paper! not impressed at all!`

Jul 2005
    Rural NSW

agree totally with everything Ambah.

Jul 2006

We use Aldi during the day and cant fault them...unless Chels has done a poo and then a wee..they tend to leak and get quite mess then (soz TMI).

Huggies for overnight each and every time.

Coles ones failed everytime i used them... hated them

Woolies were the worst i have EVER used..

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Nov 2005
    Perth

I'm only a casual disposable nappy user, but have found that Huggies & You'll Love Coles nappies both do a fantastic job - but Huggies are just that little bit trimmer. BabyLove aren't too bad, and even tho the Woolies homebrand ones are a weird shape, they work quite well.