Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dipsosable Nappies

Default Dipsosable Nappies

I have decided for at least the next little while I will be using disposable, would like to use cloth but will see how I go plus we are on rain water.

Has anyone 'skipped' the infant nappy size and gone straight from NB, to 5kg to the crawler which is 6kg+?

Apart from Huggies are there any other nappies you love and why? I can't get Aldi here. 99% of people say Huggies works for them but I am curious about other brands but don't want to waste my money.

What do you think of snugglers and babylove? Do they suit a certian build of baby?

I don't know the sex of my baby, are boys still suitable for 'girls'? or is it better to wait?

Anything else you think of would be helpful
    Thanks

well it depends on various personal opinions. i found huggies to be really good for my DD when she was little. up until about 7 months (if i remember correctly). once she got bigger i found that i didnt like the way the side tabs came around. i LOVE target brand, dribots! baby love i would never use again cause i foudn that they had a lot of gel beads come out when they were wet. i also use the you'll love coles ones (not the pink or blue packet, the unisex ones in the white packet).

but, if you are wanting to stack up on nappies before the birth, why dont you put some mopney aside each week or buy gift cards from different shops, that way you dont have to buy a whole heap of nappies that you might not like.

Depends on the build of you bub. The bigger crawler size may be too gapy around the legs and you'll get poo leakage.

I've found it to be trial and error and would prefer to buy a small packet first and if that is OK then get a big box. That way you don't have to go through so many nappies that aren't suited.

I didn't skip the infant size but having said that she was only in them for about 2 weeks or so - they just didnt fit very well compared to the crawlers. The crawlers were big but snug around the leg so a much better fit overall. I haven't tried any other nappies - she has never had a day of nappy rash and the one tme I did try Baby Love her bot was all red so i just dont think they are as absorbant. I also find that if we stock up when the big supermarkets have them on sale for around $29 then they work out roughly the same price as the Aldi and cheaper ones anyway. Im sure others will be able to tell you about Baby Love and Snugglers too.
    Good luck!

Ok i am not too sure about the size thing though all i know that i have only ever bought one box of the Infant nappies as they don't fit in them for very long.

With my first son i absolutely LOVED snugglers i never had a problem with them.

With my second son i had nothing but problems with snugglers and i now use baby love. I have had no preblems with baby love this time and i also buy huggies and like them too. I ussually will buy what ever is on special between the two.

SO i personally think that it depends on your baby. Some wee more to the side up or down more then others. I think that it is trial and error till you find the one that suits your baby.

HTH Nikki

With DS I found that Snugglers were absolute crap, and so were baby love. However, if Babylove are on special and I'm in desperate need, I will buy them and then complain about them. Nothing in particular about them, they didn't leak or anything, but just crap.
    I buy the "You'll love coles" ones - the blue packet which are fantastic! Love them. And I use a Huggies nappy at night because I have found them much more absorbent. He used to leak out the top of the huggies as well, until I got a tip from my SIL to fold the top over to make it more snug against his tummy. Since then, no more leaks!!!
    Good luck!!!! I did a bit of trial and error before I made the final decision on these ones

DS went from newborn to infant straight to toddlerat three months. but DS is a long baby and always was. we bought a box of infants and after we had used about ten they started to flow outside due to being too small. we tried the ecosmart ones and they were disgusting FOR US.

we now use the huggies toddler and they havent missed a thing except this one time during a road trip from brissie to melbourne but angle of attack is important.

we found the snuggies tabs didnt stick to well

i agree with RAVEN, buy small packs and try them for yourself or ask friend with bubs for a couple of samples( preferably clean(TMI)) and give them a go

ciao
    dragonstorm

Thanks for your advice. I was wanting to stock up as I live out country and there is about a $15 price difference in a box of huggies (have seen them 'on sale' for $48). All nappies are more expensive. I do agree it is about trial and error and seeing what is best for my bub. I might just have to buy a few bits and pieces down here in city when on sale and stock up later on. I am sure whenever people visit they will be asked to bring nappies.

I may only buy a packet of the infant and a box of the crawler. Snugglers are on special this week too -$8 for a packet, happy to try at that price.

Sometimes on ebay there will be a nappy variety try pack with a couple of a few different brands. This could help you to try them without the outlay!

We used Huggies on DS for quite a while and they are great. I have since switched to Babylove and find them great aswell. Infact they are a little bigger that the huggies which suits my DS better.. not to mension cheaper.

I have tried coles and they always leaked.. aldi brand were ok but i didnt like that the tabs were small and sticky ones rather than the grip ones (Babylove are the tabs as Huggies).

So yeh Babylove here.. id buy huggies if they were on special and i had the money, but i dont see the point when babylove work just as well for us.. and well, fit DS better.

we use cloth... but on the odd occasion i'll buy Tushies from the health food store. they work well- plus i feel better about not contributing to the environmental catastrophe that is disposable nappies...

I used cloth nappies from 3 weeks - 6mths, using disposables when out and about

for the first few weeks we used huggies newborn, (jack was 8lbs 12 1/2oz) so a good size and they fit him well, I dont think we changed over to crawlers till he was 3 mths or so, BTW he isstill in crawlers even though he is 12kg and they go up to 11kg the next size upo is way to big....

we started using snugglers as well as huggies when we went fulltime to disp, they worked ok never used them for nights though he would leak thru, but after buying a box and having nearly 1/2 faulty we stopped using them, we now use babylove during day and huggies at night, the babylove run a little smaller but not much

$$ wise snugglers are cheaper, huggies and babylove tend to run not much different you may get 6 more babylove we have decided when we move up to toddler we will stick with huggies fulltime

HTH!!!

I use huggies and have just put Amy into the girl's infant size cos the newborn ones seemed to be too tight on her legs even though she's not 5kg yet. I found that some nappy websites have good deals and some have free delivery. plus they don't sell huggies infant nappies in bulk and i managed to get some from a website. I tried babylove but every time I used them they leaked. But it does depend on the bub. I've also tried the Woolworths Select nappies which are ok but don't seem to be as good quality. They didn't leak though.

:-)

Huggies: I found that newborn size leaves pinching marks around the legs. My babies didn't have chubby legs but all got this pinching... it looked uncomfy and would recommend cloth.

Aldi: absolutely my biggest recommendation!!! I love their nappies, never leak and a very good price. Maybe ask your friends to bring these!

BabyLove/Coles/Snugglers: didn't like them much.

EcoBot: not a bad compromise if I can't get to Aldi.

I'd strongly recommend pursuing cloth. You'll save a fortune... if you have enough water!

We've used Huggies, Snuggler and Babyloves on DD and they've all been fine.

Well my big bubba was only in Newborn nappies for a day and then went straight into infant nappies for a month or so and then straight into crawlers. I have only ever used huggies as I am not game to try any others. Huggies work for me so I am going to stick with them as my man loves to wee!!

I used snugglers during the day when DD2 was older (like 2) and they were OK but I am not a huge fan. Huggies are great but I like Aldi just as much and even on super special huggies are still dearer than Aldi.

Hi
    We use huggies. I've tried the aldi ones and they leaked every time.
    DS was in the newborn size for 14 weeks and he's now in the infant size now.
    I just wish they sold the infant ones in bulk.
    Oh yeh the aldi ones have the grip tabs too.

I might PM you NikW to find out that website if thats ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast