Thread: Night nappies

Default Night nappies

Hi all, we have done cloth nappies from the day dot with our girls and have found tots bots bamboozles to be bombproof overnight. G has been a late teether and her bum always gets irritated when she is teething. Round about the time her first tooth came through, she had a nasty ear infection which she had antibots for which gave her the runs which made bum worse. Also as a complication from the ear bacteria, she ended up in hospital with staph scalded skin syndrome.

Since all of this, we have had huge problems with her skin and the only thing that has helped is to put her in a dsposable overnight and every time we go back to a bamboozle, her skin breaks down again. WWYD? I really want to stick with cloth or do we carry on with the sposie at night? Hit me with your best night nappies, please, looking for other options.

We have a dermatologist appointment tomorrow but still keen to try other night nappies. TIA

Default Re: Night nappies

I used cloth full time for day, but had similar issues overnight. I tried a few but ended up resigned to using disposables overnight. occasionally we would run out of disposables and I wwould use cloth, but within a night or two we had issues.

hope someone else has more helpful info for you.

I have always used BBH night nappies and never had any problems with leaking or rashes. We just got rid of a bad nappy rash but I think I was caused by teething poos also and I still used night nappy plus, canesten, tons of zinc and double liners and took a while but all good now.
    I really love these nappies, they need a cover and take a while to dry but I have 4 and manage in Victorias weather, even though they recommend 5 for full time use. I get them second hand and sell them on too, there's a good demand for them - they are sized by the way. X

I have the same problem =(
    Because of Spocks bum - she has what is called Jaquets Errosive Nappy Disorder. basically the only thing stopping it from breaking down again is disposable over night (for the 12 hours) or putting her in MCN and my changing her ever 3 -4 hours over night (bascially exactly like the day). but we are trying to encourage longer stretches of sleep. so i have painfully accepted this is just the way it has to be. I've tried a couple of different brands of night nappies too...it seems to be the duration the nappy is on rather than the material etc..

Have you tried microfleece liners? Both of my girls would get rashy overnight without them. They're pretty bomb proof too, so you can put a barrier cream on when you need extra protection.

Yup, two nights was all it took to be back to square one. It's so frustrating because we have tried slathering her in all the barrier creams under the sun but still she gets a red and angry looking bum. And when she gets to that point, it really hurts her putting on some if the creams and its like they sting her too.

TT, awesome that you have a diagnosis for Spocks rash, can it be treated?

Nope it can't. The treatment is 'stop the steroids' because all other cases were caused when bub has been on steroids. Spock has never been on any, only thing we haven't tried for her bum. So can't 'stop'