Thread: Night time bed wetting

Default Night time bed wetting

My nearly six DD is still wetting the bed at night. Is this normal? She was going ok for a while wetting only once a fortnight/3 weeks but now she is wetting nearly every night. I limit her water intake from 5pm and she goes to the toilet right before bed. I have taken her water bottle out of her room as well. She goes to bed at 7pm and normally wets around 11/12 o'clock. There's no point me putting her on the toilet before I go to bed as I am in bed at 8pm for an early start.
    Now that is getting cooler I'm thinking she's not as dehydrated as in summer so that could be part of it. I don't like to limit her water intake too much as she needs to be healthy.
    Any other suggestions? Should I sey an alarm clock for her to wake get up about 10pm to go to the toilet?
    Should I be pouring pull ups back on her or is it bad to go backwards.
    There are problems at home or school that I know of.
    When should they be waking themselves to go to the toilet? I'm sure my eldest DD was night trained by 5.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Night time bed wetting

All kids are different. It is considered normal to wet during the night up until age 8. Its even normal for kids to get it and then regress.

My eldest is 7 and still wets every single night. The brain and bladder just haven't made that connection yet.

If a parent was a late wetter than that can affect things too as there is a known hereditary links to bed wetting.

In our house we don't worry. Its not an issue for us unless its an issue for our wetter. Pull ups are our friend.

Time is a great cure of bed wetting. Good luck.

Thanks that makes me feel better.

my nephew is 9 and still wets the bed most nights. He was really nervous about coming on holidays with us last year cause of it, but we didn't make a big deal out of it, just put the pull ups on at bed time same as other kids getting ready for bed. He is coming to us for the easter holidays, and we will treat him just the same.

They have seen people, and they can't find any obvious reason.

As we have previously talked about - my dd1 is 6.5 and still wears a pull up that is completely full by morning. We have no answers at all because the others were night trained by the age of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh View Post
    As we have previously talked about - my dd1 is 6.5 and still wears a pull up that is completely full by morning. We have no answers at all because the others were night trained by the age of 3.
    Hey stranger!

It's certainly not abnormal, that's for sure. My nearly nine yo still has shocking weeks. I love and have a great stock of Brolly Sheets lol as not a single one of mine is dry consistently yet at night. It runs in my DH's family and has nothing to do with thirst/ fluid intake, waking to go etc, it's an adrenal hormone that isn't released and in some kids takes years.

My nephew wears night pull-ups and he's 10. He's missing the adrenal hormone that Kim mentioned. I recon get some night pull-ups and go with the flow, especially if everyone gets more sleep