Thread: Overnight nappies for 4 year old

Default Overnight nappies for 4 year old

DS1 is TT during the day, but he's not even close at night. In fact, he is leaking through his nappy pants and waking up with wet PJs and sheets. Some nights he is wetting through 2 nappies. It seems to have gotten particularly worse over the last month - maybe due to the weather heating up, resulting in him drinking more water?? Not sure.

Does anyone have any suggestion for disposable nappies that hold more?

Default Re: Overnight nappies for 4 year old

I had the same problem with DD who is 4 as well and nowhere near ready for no nappy at night. I am using BabyLove in junior size and cutting back on what she has to drink later in the afternoon, also she will go to the toilet right before putting nappy on for bed. So far haven't had any leakage in months 😊 Goodluck.

We've been using nappy pants, maybe we need to go back to nappies.

We use baby love sleepy nights nappy pants 4-7yrs. Most nights are okay but we keep a brolley sheet on the bed for those nights he does out wee them. These are the ones we have found most reliable for us. I find with the pull up type positioning of the nappy really matters.

I used the Huggies good nights for DD when younger, if you think there is cause for concern, see your GP, if drinking and output is up, I'd be asking for a quick blood sugars test xx

My dd1 is 6 and still not night trained at all - not even close (although her 2 younger sisters are)

I get the huggies pull ups - they hold a lot of wee!! Hers are so heavy in the morning.

I use huggies pull ups for DD 5.5 but she was never a heavy wetter. I have heard of double nappies, where you poke holes in the first and put a second over top. Or lining them with a heavy menstrual or incontinence pad. The other thing is to change brands because some fit some kids better than others.

My girls still wear nappies to bed. I don't believe in limiting water before bed or if they wake up at night. If they are thirsty then then can drink. Occasionally they leak through but it is random. I have heard that a pad in the nappy/pullup works great. I just have a waterproof sheet on their bed (they choose to share a double bed).

My DS is 4.5 yo, and also no where near ready for undies at night. I use the baby love pull up pants, and I have noticed that if he has a lot to drink before bed, he occasionally wets through the nappy, so I have to give him less water before bed. Also, he loves to sleep on his tummy, so we get an accident here and there, not often though, where his pj top is a bit damp at the bottom as the wee is travelling up the front of the nappy pants I guess?? I would switch to huggies, they always worked well for us, we've hardly had any accidents when he was using them. DS has never been a nappy 'soaker' at night, in fact when he went into his big boy bed, he had a dry pull up nappy at night for almost 6 months, every night, then I got excited and mentioned undies at night time, and right on cue he started to have wet nappies at night again lol.

Thank you for all your replies!!

So we have been using Babylove nappy pants for 2 years, but for some reason they aren't doing the job anymore. I have now tried Babylove dry nights, Huggies nappy pants and Huggies dry nights.

We had a leak free night 4 nights ago with the Huggies nappy pants and I though YES, we've cracked the code! Then he wet through the next 2 nights and last night he went through 3 of them! 8pm, 2am and 6am.

I'm thinking nappies may be the solution because he seems to be wetting out the side where the pull up type pants have webbing and not padding. I just feel sorry for my little boy going back into nappies. But he understands it's not his fault and we're trying everything.

If he's wetting that much overnight, I'd see your GP

The latest update is that we have cut that last drink of water before bed and we now wake him before we go to bed to go to the toilet.
    He still wets through about 30% of the time, but it's usually only a little bit, so it doesn't wake him. He wakes at 7am and the top of his shorts are a little wet.