Thread: Arghhh!! HELP HELP PLEASE!!!

Default Arghhh!! HELP HELP PLEASE!!!

Sooo.. one of the stupid scrags at day care used nappy rash cream on DS - think they did it yesterday - and I've only just put them in the washing machine..

How the HELL can I remove the cream from my nice NEW BumGenius!?!!?!?!? They put heaps on - like - it covers half the inside of the freakin nappy.

This is AFTER DH SPECIFICALLY told them NOT to use nappy cream with cloth nappies...

I'm sooooooo pi$$ed off at the moment...

Can I save it!?!?!?!?!?

Oh Mel what a bugger! i have no idea what to do, but just wanted to say what a silly woman!

Hope you can save it xx

strip wash?

And take your own cream (use moisturiser, its good)

yeah strip wash which is hot water a dash of kitchen dishwashing liquid in the machine long wash then rinse rinse rinse till the bubbles disappear. you may have to do it more thanonce but dishwashing liquid will cut the oils in the cream best of anything.

Wear some rubber gloves and soap it up good by hand using hot water! Keep washing and rinsing it till it's gone. It will come out but will be a bit of work, especially if it's a lot.

Sam - soap it up with what? I'll get into it with a bloody toothbrush if I have to!!!! I just got it last week - so was first use...

If that doesn't work - will try a strip wash..

Stupid stupid woman... if I can't get it out do you think its rude of me to ask them to replace it?

I think that asking them to compensate you is a great idea. I'm sure they won't...but at least it might hit home to them that they really stuffed up. And they might think twice before they do it again.

Use a nail brush, old toothbrush or even your hands and squelch it.

It will come out. DH bunged a BumG AIO up good and proper and it's fine now!

Be careful about the replacement thing. They might spit it and insist you use sposies!

Oooh, thanks for this! I have a load of cream on some of DS's nappies and was just going to give them loads of washes. I don't get how the pot says to use a tiny dab so you can see the skin through the cream and day care uses half a pot every change!

(I've used cream with DS and cloth and NEVER got any on the liners, but I use tiny amounts and let it dry on for 5-10 mins before putting the nappy on. I also provide fitted nappies and flushable liners to his nursery when needed now!)

Your daycare sounds like s#!t, between that, and other stories.

Ask them to replace it. And don't send your good ones in there! Using flatties was part of my training as a CCW, and should have been theirs. It's still included in a lot of textbooks. Have a think about sending in flatties or prefolds instead.

Ellibam Guest

i doubt they will replace it!
    BUT i would kick up a stink about them using cream on bubs when it was specified not to!
    (that is something they can get in the Poo (no pun intended) for)

Thanks guys - will try elbow grease tomorrow

snugglybean - they are actually a really good day care. The ***** one is long gone. And I don't think I would expect them to use flats wgen I don't use them too often myself (only when cold and rainy and nappies can't dry!!)

Plus DS is the only one there at the daycare who goes in cloth so its probably new to some of them

I think I'll let it slip by this time - but if it happens again - watch out!!!