Thread: Liner for the nappy bin?

Default Liner for the nappy bin?

I'm only just thinking about this now, as my pile of sewing projects slowly gets smaller. We're planning on using a swing top bin for our nappies, so just wondering if it needs a liner. I think I would like to use one. And if so, what should it be? I was thinking it probably doesn't have to be waterproof, just wondering what others think, or use?

I just use a bucker with a lid, no liner, and wash the bucket when it needs it.

You would want a washable liner with a drawstring or something to keep it tight around bin (so doesn't fall in bin). The swing top would probably still need to be wiped down.

Happy nesting!

Like Kate, I just use a bucket with a very good firm fitting lid and wash it when it needs it (not too often). I think if you sewed a liner you would need to sew two or three as it would need washing whenever you did the nappies, as it would soak up some of the moisture/smells I would think.

I don't think it necessarily needs a liner, but it would look nice! If you're going to make one maybe make two though. That way you'll have a spare when one is in the wash. I think Kate's suggestion of a draw string is great, I'd make it bigger than it needs to be so the weight of the nappies doesn't drag it off the sides. Hope that made sense!
    We just have a bin with a lid and wipe it out when it's emptied.

We don't have a liner either but the liners I have seen are mesh wash bags with draw string so you can remove the entire bag from the bin, put it in the machine and wash the nappies in it.

Ooooooohhhh, mesh! That's a clever idea, and I was going to buy some anyway.

I was thinking exactly that, deep, with a drawstring to hold it on. DH has a similar structure that I made him for his homebrew grains. So I have learned a bit from the weak points of that project. Make one, try it out, and figure out how to improve for options b and c.

we use some old pillow cases, then the full case goes in the front loader.