Thread: not as soft anymore

Default not as soft anymore

hi! well 3 weeks in and am loving using the prefolds and covers! I made them myself,using bamboo terry towelling, with a couple of inner layers of hemp jersey. The only thing is, if I line dry them they feel rough. They do feel nicer out of the dryer but I dont want to shorten their life by using the dryer all the time!

This is our washing routine:
    rinse pooey nappies with the little squirt, and drypail all nappies
    wash on normal cycle in cold water hat has a 'pause' in it so they get a soak. (there's no pre-rinse or after rinse though). I use a small amount of Green Care liquid.
    hang up to dry

they come out with a bit of stains, but have got the worst ones out on the line atm cause its lovely and sunny today (albeit freezing)

Is there any suggestions for making them a bit softer?? anything I'm doing wrong / could do better?

Also, just wanted to make sure I'm correct that its ok to use moogoo as a nappy rash cream and not worry about it damaging the bamboo fabric?

thanks in advance

Crunching them up in you hands will help to soften up the fibres quite a bit. I have found that using a antibacterial rinse does a great job at softening them too.
    I'll pop a lidful of canestin rinse in every few washes and besides them being softer, our nappies don't have that ammonia smell either.

Crunching them up in you hands will help to soften up the fibres quite a bit. I have found that using a antibacterial rinse does a great job at softening them too.
    I'll pop a lidful of canestin rinse in every few washes and besides them being softer, our nappies don't have that ammonia smell either.

thanks Raven!! will try that!! can u buy canestan at the supermarket?