Thread: Terry flats and bum rash cream??????

Question Terry flats and bum rash cream??????

Hi there, just wondering if terry flats are effected by using a barrier cream? I'm using zinc and castor oil cream. Also I assume that bamboo prefolds won't like it either??

Please excuse my ignorance I'm new to the whole MCN, bamboo and cloth thing

i dont think it should worry them, is it washing out of them ok? do you use liners?

I cant say that anything i've ever used on DD's bottom (think it has only been cornflour or Curash) has affected her nappies (we only use terry flats).

Zinc oxide and petroleum based products will effect the absorbancy of any cloth product whether it be flats or MCN, even your bath towels which is why you shouldn't use softners on them either. They will still work but won't be as absorbant and will leak more often

Hi Saram, no I don't use liners but I'm going to get some and start using them. Not sure if it's washing out ok yet I only just started with the cream yesterday and haven't done a load yet, so will know tomorrow. I only used a couple of cloth nappies before I thought about it then switched to sposies.
    Thanks for your response.

Hi ss_storm, Thanks for that I suspected it would, hope I haven't ruined a few nappies!

Quote Originally Posted by willow5 View Post
    hope I haven't ruined a few nappies!
    You won't have ruined them, you might need to give them an extra wash if anything.

Thanks Happy Mummy