Thread: Velcro getting stuck in wash!

Default Velcro getting stuck in wash!

I have some new MCN (a few different brands) and I was very excited and did my first wash today (I read they should be washed a minimum of 6 times for maximum absorbency.) I must say they looked very cute and colourful on the line and dried nicely.

So I undid all the nappies threw them in with the inserts and they had a nice wash... only problem is when they came out of the machine the velcro from the nappies got stuck on the inserts!

Question - do you leave the nappy done up when washing or undo them. If you undo how do you make sure the velcro does not get stuck to everything?

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I have 5 more washes to go to get them ready for bubs!!

The nappies I own have wash tabs on the inside, a fuzzy patch that you attach the velcro to in order to avoid this. Does your nappies have this? What brands are they? If they dont have this I would wash the nappies done up so you don't ruin the cover.

HTH!

I prefer to have the nappy done up but flipped inside out if you can picture that.

Laundry tabs have a way of coming undone which drives me bonkers. It's one reason I prefer snaps

Thanks Ladies!

PrincessXanthe - I just checked them and all of the velcro ones have that little wash tab. I never even noticed - what a great idea!! The velco ones are Happy Heiny, Monkey Doodlez & Haute. The rest are snap only

Raven - I like your suggestion of the flipping inside out then they would get a nice clean. I was wondering how they would get clean otherwise...

I'll try the velcro tab things that Princess suggested and if that does not work wash inside out.

I'm excited... will commence my second wash tomorrow with by the sounds much better results!!