Thread: Washing Powder...

Default Washing Powder...

What sort of washing powder do you use to wash your MCN???
    What should i look for when getting the powder? Any good brands?

I need all of your expertise!!!

Thanks!

I use a brand called Earth Choice. I got it from Coles. I use it because it was cheaper than most of the other brands (yeah I am stingy!) and I can get it in a giant bulk pack really cheap. Its a liquid though. Cant say I've ever used a powder on my nappies.

I used to use Amolin liquid but it made my nappies stink...

So i now use OMO Sensitive (has no fragrance)

I use Euca powder. You can buy 10kg buckets from mitre10 for about $45 and it will last for months. It's brilliant stuff and I use it for everything!

You want anything without any fragrances or whiteners, etc. Those detergents marked "sensitive". Also, powder detergents are recommended over liquids.

I found Aware Sensitive by Planet Ark for front and top-loaders in powder form. You can buy it at Coles. It's really good value because it's super super concentrated and you don't have to use very much at all.

I am using Earth Choice liquid for our clothes, but because it's a liquid I bought the Planet Ark powder for the nappies.

I second the Aware Sensitive powder - it's great stuff. I used to use Earth's Choice liquid when we had a top loader, but it's overfriendly with my front loader (foams everywhere), so I use a powder now instead.

Great! I bought some of the Aware Sensitive Planet Ark stuff recently can't wait to wash baby's clothes and nappies in it!!

Should DH and I be washing our clothes in it aswell? Or can we keep using the commercial stuff we use on our clothes? or will that irritate bub's skin when bub cuddles on us? its just so much cheaper for our clothes thats all...

ren, unless bub has sensitive skin then you should be alright using what you normally use for your clothes.
    I too prefer to use powder over liquid and I buy in bulk.

Washing in powder leaves less residue than liquid! An extra rinse doesn't hurt either for your MCN but if your in a drought declared area maybe not such a good idea - don't want a HUGE excess water bill It's so cute seeing teeny tiny clothes hanging on the line!!! Oh just re-read thread and someone already mentioned the powder over liquid -thankgoodness i can blame it on baby brain :P

hmmm .... I use eco store, is that okay for MCN nappies?