Thread: Washing powder with softener

Question Washing powder with softener

I just realised the washing powder I brought has the fluffy (softener) in it. I know you shouldn't use fabric softener, bu do you think the little bit it has in it will matter for a few washes?? I feel too lazy to go down to the shop!!! But need to wash nappies desperately!!! Help!!

Don't quote me, but I don't think one wash will do too much damage - maybe use a bit less than normal?

This is why I stoped buying Duo brand washing powder - why ruin a perfectly good product by adding something not everyone wants? Grrrr.

The problem with Fabric Softener is that is can build up on the fibres, so that the fibres can't absorb as effectively and therefore your nappies aren't as absorbent. I don't imagine a few washes would cause too much trouble, perhaps don't use as much detergent as usual (best not to use much anyway).

And just keep in mind, if your nappies don't seem as absorbent as they should be down the track, it might be worth a strip wash.

Thanks guys! I washed them, and will just buy new powder next shop! Think they prob need a strip wash soon anyway, thanks!!

My nappies were accidently washed with fabric softner last week and they have been terrible for leaks ever since, i have only strip washed them to try and get rid of the excess. They are slowly getting better, so be careful with fabric softner