Thread: What to do with cloth nappies when their time is over??

Default What to do with cloth nappies when their time is over??

Not sure if this would be considered as a maintenace thing or not.

I have noticed that after my nappies have been used by my DS2 and now DD the life is starting to fade away in them. I think we'll be fine for DD to get her wear out of them but once she's grown out of them do i just throw them in the bin? What do you do with yours? It seems silly to hang onto nappies but the bin is a little drastic maybe??

What does everyone else do??

Thanks ladies

I've binned a few. If they have inserts I usually hang onto them. Microfibre inserts make great cleaning cloths if there are no more nappies to stuff.
    Sometimes on the Buy Swap Sell sites other ladies are happy to take them off your hands and fix them.

depending on their size you could put them on dolls?

If they are unable to be saved use them as rags

Cleaning or you could use them to boost other nappies

Thanks ladies, i use the baby beehinds and it's the white (i think microfibre) that is starting to look a bit worn. The inserts are bamboo but they could maybe be used for cleaning maybe?

H&Z i did think about keeping some for DD to play with once she starts playing with dolls Encourage her to use cloth herself from a young age

Kim i'll check the buy and sell nappie websites, maybe someone would like to fix them?

emc2 i see you use flats, i have a fair few of those too and after giving them a good soak/disinfectant/wash i have made some reversible bibs out of them

Thanks ladies, like i said even though they are well used they still seem too good to throw away.

I use a mix of MCN's and flats depending on what we are doing, if he has any rashes, the weather for his comfort and indeed for washing them! I find he can get more of a rash in his groin, with MCN's and disposables, so I then switch to a flat. But very useful to have with a reflux bub, you can't have too many flats.

Oh! Flats are great as rags in the garage. Hubbie has quite a few in the shed. Even the one's that are a little thread bare are brilliant for grease from the car and other messy garage liquids.
    As for MCN I'm at a loss, although I really liked the idea of making them dolls nappies for dd. Brilliant idea! Might have to make them smaller, depending on the size of the toy.