Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What powder do you use?

Red face What powder do you use?

Well ive just discovered after all this time using MCN that your ment to wash in powder..not liquid like i have been

This could be a reason why my nappies are smelly...well so ive been told!

What powder do you use??

Has anyone tried ecostore powder.....it looks dear 1kg $13.95

ok take two, started typing and had a blackout!!

kim i have only ever used amolin wash!!! never prowder, maybe your using too much, how much per load do you use?

I started using Amolin wash....then i changed to Purity wash.

I use 1/4 to 1/2 cap full....doesnt get real bubbly in the water...so i figured i wasnt over using??

I don't use powder either as i am allergic to all of them if i touch something that has been washed in it. But i have not found them to be smelly at all. Maybe try a different brand one?

ihave to admit the one time i tried purtiy i hated it! lots use euka (sp) from mitre 10 its a powder!

I use liquid too, not powder. I've never had a problem with smelly napppies.
    We use some cheapo stuff from coles called earth. I'm too stingy to buy the expensive stuff.

I love all the ecostore products. THe powder sounds expensive but if it's anything like their other products then def worth it. I use the liquid laundry detergent on DDs clothes so she doesn't have any chemical stuff near her skin. I also wash her terry flats in it. I only use a small amount and a litre is doing me ages. I use about 2 tablespoons per wash.

Has anyone used the Planet Ark stuff from woolies? It's powder. 1kg $12 pretty expensive stuff.

If i start using this on MCN's does that mean i always have to wash bub's clothes and MCN's with this?

I've only ever washed my MCN's with liquid and I use Earth's Choice - it's so cheap too about $2 a litre. I have never had smelly nappies either. If they start to be less absorbant then I do a strip wash. Also I try to line dry outside where possible so the sunlight helps with any residual smells.

I thought liquid was best. It is generally more environmentally friendly, no nasty fillers.
    I use Amolin.

Renstar- I tried that planet ark one on normal clothes, didn't really rate it. Kept finding it undissolved on my clothes, and i have a front loader so not like i was sprinkling it on the clothes IYKWIM

i hated the planet ark one too.

I use earth's choice and havent had any problems. I dry outside in the sun and we havent had smelly nappies yet. If/when we get smelly nappies I will have to go to the plumber and get a longer hose for my wahing machine though! the hose doesnt reach the tap

SugarDust Guest

I use fab or any that are on spec for $2 a kilo

I swear by Euca powder! Some supermarkets stock it but I usually get it from the hardware store in a 10 kilo bucket.

Really? I heard the Planet Ark one was really popular....? Hhmm maybe i'll use it up on our clothes then....

Ok i'm off to get some Euca powder from Mitre 10!! So many of you girls swear by it....cheap too!

OMG - just had to check with DH how much he payed for Ecostore powder last week. In NZ (wherre it comes from its no way near the pricey).
    We used to to use ecostore powder years back but I stopped cause it has a tendancy to leave bleach spots sometimes if its not disolved properly.
    For the last few years we used another NZ powder (next generation) that was fantastic but you cant get it here and now we are trying to find another human, fabric and enviro friendly laundry detergent - so Im keen to follow this thread

Default pel emotive

I use the planet ark for clothes and MCNs no problems
    but usually get whatevers on special, i reckon they're all the same in different packages...

I'm making my own powder for the washing, using 2 cups soap flakes, 1 cup bicarb, 1 cup washing soda and 1 cup of borax. Mix it all together and use 2 tbs for clothes and 1tbs for MCN. So far it has worked really well and is soooo cheap! I haven't had to buy powder for 3 months and have used less than 1/4 of my base ingredients...

The bonus is I know exactly what is going into the wash

I use the Bosistos eucalyptus powder. It has no fillers in it and doesn't irritate mine or DD's skin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast