Thread: you'd think i'd know the answers after so long... washing cloth nappies

Default you'd think i'd know the answers after so long... washing cloth nappies

ok, so i'm having a shocker at the moment so have run a complete blank! we have a specific nappy cycle on our washing machine, so never had to think of what settings to use - but our lovely washing machine decided to pack it in this week, and tomorrow i have to go and wash DD's night nappies at mum's place - she doesn't have my awesome nappy cycle, so what kind of cycle do i put them through??

I'm glad this happened when DD was only in one nappy a day! She is almost fully trained but we've had so much upheaval with her having surgery than DH surgery and stuff, i'm just not pushing it (no matter how much easier my life would be with no nappy loads!)

still on the teaching contract roundabout

I usually use a warm to hot regular wash (no hotter than 50C) with about 1/4 serve of detergent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so may not make sense

I just use cold water wash with a dollop of detergent.

I use a lid of homebrand napisan stuff, on a warm-hot heavy duty cycle with a 1-2 hour hold.
    Last edited by peanutter; July 8th, 2012 at 05:57 PM.

I do 30 min quick wash with a bit of wool wash, then a 2hr cycle with 1/4scoop detergent with our clothes on top