Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cover Knitting General Discussion.

Bx never done that. I guess because it's unknown what the size will end up as kwim. Reccon it would work well as a cover though.

Oscar knittinghelp is terrific for learning to knit too.

paradise lost Guest

Some craft wools give you a shrinkage guage, if they're FOR felting...I was kind of thinking of knitting a few squares with different tensions and felting those, then working out from that how much to allow for - i am just imagining really lovely bright felt shorties...

Bx

ETA - i wonder...do you think if i bought a lightish tight-knit jumper from like a charity shop, i could felt it and THEN make it into shorties...?

Go on and have a play about then Bx. Make sure you let us know how it goes

I've really got to get knitting again. Too many things to do and not enough motivation

Bx - I've heard of that done alot and quite successfully (felting a jumper then sewing it). Give it a shot! I haven't tried it mainly because I just like to knit, and shorties/longies are a good excuse to get the needles out. Although I get to the point where they are off the needles and need finishing and I slack off. I have a pair of shorties sitting waiting to be grafted now and they've been that way for a couple of weeks...

What pattern for a knitted night-time cover would you girls recommend? I have found the Aubrey Doodle pants but are there others that are better or easier?

I can't knit ( ) but my mum can and I'm thinking of asking her to knit a cover for DS (and possibly show me how to knit in the process). She would need a pattern - she can follow other knitting patterns for jumpers etc. Sorry, that might be really basic but I have no idea how to follow a pattern.

So, any recommendations for straightforward patterns? We live in a cold climate.
    Thanks heaps

Oh, I would looove to knit my own soakers. Trouble is: I can't knit to save my life. I haven't even finished a single scarf yet. I started a couple, though...

Anyway, my MIL can knit and she'd love to knit a couple of soakers for me (actually, they are for DS who is 2 months old today. I think I prefer a soaker to shorties as they might give a little bit more blow-out protection.
    What is your favourite pattern and yarn? I don't mind paying for the pattern if necessary, but would obviously prefer a free one. Is the Fern and Faerie free pattern any good?

Cheers, Sasa

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456