Thread: Training Pants...

Default Training Pants...

Ok... I am thinking of tt my DS1 over summer he will be 2.5.

I am thinking to go it nuddy at home but want to try not to use nappys at all during the day... So was thinking to make some training pants for going out...

I have NO IDEA at all where to begin... Any help at all appreciated...

Thanks

I have seen a lot of approaches over the years! There's heaps of ideas out there. The old school terry training pants are still dearly loved by many. I have also seen a family recently have some success using empty pocket shells as training pants - the gorgeous child TTd in a few days, as the shells were really easy for her to rip off by herself, but they also held in any little accidents.
    I know lots of people who go straight to good old undies, and I think it works best after a few days just at home with nothing on.

So it depends what you want to go with. You want him to feel the wetness, so defs go with something a little absorbent, not anything wicking. You also want easy on/off - so velcro or elastic waist. And waterproof is up to you. I'd be inclined to go with a single thick layer of cotton terry with a PUL outer, in either elastic or velcro opening, depending on what you think he'll do best with.

Does that make sense? Or is it ramble? Sorry...

EasterBunz -
    http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/im...a_Knickers.pdf
    Just a couple of patterns I have found on my travells they look good I know a friend who uses the 2nd one alot

Thanks...

Funny you should say that about the pocket shells, my sister just suggested the same thing... I was thinking I wanted him to get the hang of up and down, with his undies... I am not sure that with the shells he might still think it is a nappy, but then again with training pants it might be too like a nappy too... I honestly have no idea if he is ready to TT, but I also think that part of it is not needing to know, so he has no idea IYKWIM.

It is just to going out that worries me a bit, but maybe we will just wing it :shrug: Maybe the think I need more is a car seat protector?????

Thanks for the links too, I forgot that there was ww training pants...