Thread: How many...??

Question How many...??

Covers would I need to be able to use terry squares full time???? Do I use one cover each nappy change??

It depends what sort of covers you get.
    I use my PUL covers more than once if they are not dirty, but only when they are mostly dry.
    Wool covers (for night time) can be reused if they arent dirty too.

I would say 6 to 10 covers is plenty. I don't change the covers everytime, only if they feel wet or are soiled. 6 would be enough for DS1 but I go through more with DS2 as his BF poos leak out of the flats more often.
    Covers can be thrown in the wash with normal clothes so you can do them anytime, you don't have to wait till you have a full load of nappies. Actually I avoid putting mine in with the nappies, otherwise they are just covered in fluff.

I would say 6 to 10 covers is plenty. I don't change the covers everytime, only if they feel wet or are soiled. 6 would be enough for DS1 but I go through more with DS2 as his BF poos leak out of the flats more often.
    Covers can be thrown in the wash with normal clothes so you can do them anytime, you don't have to wait till you have a full load of nappies. Actually I avoid putting mine in with the nappies, otherwise they are just covered in fluff.
    :yeahthat:

We used cotton fitteds for the first 12 months, with PUL covers, and we had about 5 or 6 smalls and 6 mediums. You *may* need more for flats though? The fitteds kept the poo in nicely, we rarely had leaks onto the cover, so we only needed changed the cover after a few nappy changes, when we felt it getting damp around the leg elastic.

i had a rotation of about 8-10 on the go when i was using flannel flats full time with DD for the first 7 or so weeks. they contained any explosions really well.

if the nappy was really wet, i'd grab a new nappy and just let the cover air for a while. if the cover felt wet, or was soiled, it got chucked in the wash. i was using Maz covers (fleece or minky) - still use them overnight every night - have about half a dozen on the go now - but am only using one most nights - only end up using a second one if DD has an explosive poop...