Thread: How many covers for Flats

Default How many covers for Flats

Diggin through the draws and cupboards recently looking to see what needs replacing in preperation for pregnancy number 3
    I intend to reuse our terry flats and I found that we need new covers and new snappys.
    So can you still purchase snappy clips? I have not seen them around latley.
    And how many covers do you think I'll need for a NB.
    Which are the brands you have used? and would you recommend them?
    With the others I used plastic pants with ds which I didn't like before switching to PUL covers with dd but I don't remember what brand they were or what happened to them.
    I think I had 6-9 covers originaly but as I can not find any trace of them.
    How many do you think I'll need?
    I think I just repeated myself, sorry.

I have found my snappis from IGAs and coles but not found any in woolies if that helps.

Can't help with the covers, but I bought snappies off eBay. Took a while to arrive but a great price!

xox

Oh Thanks for that I'll check out Coles, IGA and ebay.
    I do shop at Woolies and Aldi so I've had no luck there. I find it a bit strange really our local Woolies has terry flats but no pins, no snappies and no nappy covers of any description. A bit odd I think, I mean why sell Terry squares and nothing else you need.

hi love,
    I love the motherease covers and have used them exclusively from when DS was newborn. we are reusing for number 2 you can get snap shut or velcro-type covers (i prefer the snap shut ones).

as for snappis i buy mine from the same site i get my covers and I don't buy the woolies/big w brand ones because i find they break very easily.

yeah i prefer our terry over our MCNs anyday, even if they take a bit longer to put on!

good luck and happy shopping!

I've never really thought about how long they take to put on.
    But they do dry super quick compared to the MCN's, I just love looking out at the line and seeing it full of white squares flapping in the breeze. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
    When dd was a bub my gf used to pop over every second day and we'd have coffee, cake and a folding party. Between us that was 13years and four babies ago now.

Where would be your favourite online store that you have purchased your covers from?

"Darlings downunder" have a few different brands of PUL and fleece covers. i like mother-ease and BBH covers.

I also like the motherease rikki and Baby Beehinds PUL ones.

I like TotsBots covers over terry flats, or maz-a-licious covers are great too.

I reckon 6-9 is about right. I have 5 and I get by just fine, but I also use MCNs in between.

I just went on a grand snappi hunt - Big W are the failsafe option, as long as they haven't sold out!

I just posted this on another thread with covers I would go for larger covers over flats - so I'd get medium and large covers, they last longer. Also you need large covers to fit over multifit MCN's.