Thread: Pilchers over sposies?

Question Pilchers over sposies?

Hi all
    i am not as brave as most of you and am opting to use sposies on my bubs.
    I have been given alot of hand me downs including some cute cotton pilchers (like little shorties to wear over nappies), can you put these over sposies too? they are so cute!!

also i found some on ebay that i like the look of.

is there anywhere else people can suggest that i can get pilchers similar to these? like colourful cotton ones? i have a sewing machine but sewing something like this is beyond me!!

cheers
    Last edited by suse; April 25th, 2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Removing link to commercial site - please refer to forum guidelines

check out baby beehinds PUL covers. (google) they are about $12 from BBH and sometimes available on e-bay too

Why not, I used to do it when my DD's wore disposables. They were mainly in cloth and I used to put nappy, cover then pretty cover.

Some of the outfits we were given had over covers with them, these were mainly with dresses so they look great no matter what sort of nappy they had on.

Have a look in the cloth nappy section, they will be able to give you plenty of advice on covers. Also look in the BB Market Place section as you can get them from members who make their own.

Some of the ladies make some really pretty ones.

All the best with your upcoming birth.

yup - i'm with Rivlas - go the pretty factor!! even though i'm choosing to use cloth nappies, i would still, if using sposies, add a waterproof cover of some sort (not necessarily the plastic or PUL ones = there are lots of fabric ones out there) cos i know how many times i've cuddled little tackers and their sposies have leaked all over me - got to the point i refused to go to my bro's house without a change of clothes cos the sposies have limited absorbancy and the covers will stop anything getting out

as Rivlas said, scope out the MPM's - there are a couple of them that sell covers through their stores and they are so soft and purddy!

Sorry, i was thinking functional not pretty. well BBH are kinda pretty but not really.

Yeah, check out Maz and some of the other WAHM. i didn't know how gorgeous they were til i got a Maz cover.