Thread: PVC Pilchers

Default PVC Pilchers

Hello everyone I am from the US and was looking into the Fluffies PVC Pilchers in a size 3. My question is about the sizing. Can someone tell me if these pants usually run big or small? Also do these pants feel like 100% plastic? and how well do these hold up? I know 98% of people hate pvc pilchers and I understand that but all I want to know is about the sizing, if they tend to fit tight or loose on a baby especially with a bulky nappy(diaper in US)and how well they hold up. Thank You

I'm not sure about how the US sizing compares with ours. There is a chance it could be different because clothing sizes are...

Haven't used the fluffies covers either so sorry I'm not much help

I have used the fluffy covers and I returned them to the store for a refund because they fell apart at the seams too easily. You might be better off looking online for some PUL covers, they really last the distance, will fit well as you can look on US sites and are much more breathable than PVC. I have used PVC pant-type covers, and I will say this, NEVER AGAIN. My DD overheated. Her little bottom got so hot, I thought she was going to be ill. Breathable is best. Habe a look in the nappy threads and look for MCNs (modern cloth nappies) and ask about covers. I use white squares I fold, and use polar fleece covers. Its been more than a year since she was in cloth, and they're holding up perfectly fine.

From what I think, US sizing is a tad smaller than the numbers we use for Aus sizing. I can't really help with that. Try googling for sizing dimensions, or conversion tables for different countries.

When you used the PVC Pilchers how well did they fit on your kids? I mean were they bulky? Did they fit very tight? Also did they fall apart after washing or after the first use? Again I do understand the cons of using PVC and the heat related issues.

Well I washed by handwashing (bit of laundry detergent and water, rinsed a few times, took only a few minutes) and let them air dry. Sometimes on the line, sometimes inside pegged to a coathanger. They were snug tight around the waist, came up above the nappy, and left seam marks on her tummy and back. They were snug with a bit of room around the nappy. And they were a bit loose around the legs, so I had to change her often, including rompersuit or pants, as the pilcher allowed leakage. I guess different brands have different shapes. If you are looking for PVC covers because of cost, try to find ones with wide cloth elastic around the legs. Some have that, to keep it snug to the nappy, others use the thinner elastic in the seam, and that's why they can leak.

If cost is an issue, try googling for businesses that do layaway or in Aus layby. I know of one Australian site that does do layby. Go for the PVC, its not terribly bad. Try to allow for lots of nappy free time, lying on tummy on a towel.