Thread: Swim nappies?

Default Swim nappies?

What is the go with a swim nappy? How many do you need? Is it a case of having to change them if they are dirty and putting a new one on because I imagine it just runs straight through? I am looking at a Happy Babe one but before I buy one want to know if they work. I imagine bubs poo to be pretty runny, how is it really contained in there? I hear people take their babies to swimming lessons pretty young these days and dh and I also want to take baby swimming, I guess you need to have a swim napppy on then?

I have a Bambino Mio budgie-smuggler style swim nappy. Still fits him at 3 1/2, he first wore it aged 4 months. His friend, swimming at the same time, was naked as he'd already done a poo that morning.

Urine isn't trapped by the nappy, but you anticipate urine in a pool with a child in really. The legs and waist are elasticated, so poo will be contained unless it's really watery, in which case your child may well be ill so you don't want them swimming and spreading germs. You will need to change the nappy at once if a poo happenss.

Disposable swim nappies are just nappies that don't let all the pool water in. They are as good (or bad!) as any other disposable at keeping poo in.

I had one swim nappy until this summer, when I bought DS some trunks. Just because he was playing in the paddling pool at nursery and I wanted him in something that covered more of his legs.

Thanks for that info, I just looked up the Bambino Mio ones and they are on special down to $11.18. I thought they might be one size fits all as your DS still fits into the ones he had at 4 months old but they do come in sizes. I am assuming you got the small size for 5-7 kgs? That doesn't make sense in my baby brain lol he must be bigger than that now?

I think I got the medium one, as he was quite a big baby. 7-9kg. He's now... about 11kg I think. Not sure. But he is really slender. Nappies seem to be made for fatter babies, which is maybe why DS has been in some of his night nappies for over two years!

That makes sense then! It's crazy what my brain can't comprehend ATM. It's hard to buy nappies before really knowing what size my bub will be so I guess I'll just get a couple of the smallest size and go from there. Thanks for your help