Thread: Want to use Terry Squares. Which Cover???

Default Want to use Terry Squares. Which Cover???

I've been using cloth on DD but want to use terry squares when new bub arrives...for a little while at least. Which are the best types of covers to put over these??? I'm all about cuteness oh....and practicality of course

hey, im using pilchers just from big w and kmart, super easy and pretty little flowers and butterfly's on them.
    not easy to get small sizes though

Ones with gussets to begin with - they will help. I don't recommend the ones from Big W or Kmart cos they don't breathe so its like having your kids wrapped in plastic - may as well be using sposies (thats JMO of course and the reason I don't personally use them - each to their own!)

I have culled a lot of my PUL covers and now have a lot of Motherease Rikki covers, they are the best - and they have pretty designs on them too. I know there are a few other gussets out there, but I have a huge mental blank at the moment and can't think of any (maybe bummis? I'm sure one of my newborn fleece ones are bummis)

Or Maz covers, they rock. Fleece is awesome as a cover. Not sure how longies would go over a terry flat, I wouldn't do it myself but I'm not the best at putting flats on the kids, the legs are a little loose.. haha...

wool ones? PUL ones? fleece ones? Sorry about my ignorance on these
    also how many covers do i need?

Oh and Brands too

Best & Less have some plain covers just in different colours. Not sure what size or the material but they are not plastic. They are cheap too like $4.00

When DD was littler I used the covers from Big W, they aren't plastic. Worked really well (for day and night) until she got too big for them. I found their sizing a bit odd, so don't know if it was they are made or how I fold my nappies, but she was in size 2 by about 6 or 7 months! Lol

I now use wool covers overnight (I have a Baby Beehinds cover and one I can't remember the brand but that one I bought online from Darlings Downunder). During the day I use Baby Beehinds PUL covers, and I just love them!

When we used terry fitteds and flat we loved Thirsties covers. They are PUL, and not too thick. Off the top of my head, I think you can get them on Darlings Downunder (are having a sale on the sized ones right now too) and Nurture Nappies stock the one-sized ones too (google them ). Nice bright colours, and they have gussets which is definitely handy!
    We also like Bummi's, they are PUL, and are thicker (not too thick though) and you can get the in some patterns. Some don't have gussets though, so you need to make sure the legs are snug enough to hold in any poo explosions!

I've tried BabyBeehinds, but they didn't work well for us, but they are cheap.

We tried the covers from Big W and Kmart, and honestly you get what you pay for. They'll do, and they did do us for a few months, but they don't catch up-the-back or out-the-leg poo explosions like other covers, and I found that they leaked at the legs and saturated the clothes she was wearing constantly. Half of that was the nappy though, not very absorbant, but when we got some good covers we only got leg leakage/dampness sometimes, rather than every nappy change.
    Last edited by Indadhanu; April 4th, 2010 at 02:57 PM.

We use Baby beehind PUL covers! they are pretty good - no complaints here!

Baby Beehinds, I had some small covers but if I got them again - say from birth I would be getting larger covers to use with flat terry nappies - so I'd order medium and more large. It doesn't matter if the cover is too big.