Thread: Where do I go from here?

Default Where do I go from here?

I use terry flats with DD and the Big Softies covers from Big W. They've been fine, but she is already in size 2 covers which is the largest they make, and is supposed to be for 1+ year olds So I don't know if the sizing is just all wrong with them or if I'm not folding the nappy correctly for the covers to fit.

She is almost about to outgrow the covers and am just wondering where I should go from here? what covers are recommended for terry flats and are going to fit properly? should I be looking for sized covers or a OSFM type of thing? I will only need 2 or 3 so cost isn't a huge issue particularly if she will be able to wear them for a long time, but don't want them to be too expensive.

Thanks for your ideas

No idea, but if you want some 'larger' covers, there are some good online stores that I have already made myself very familiar with. Alot of them have bargain bins where you can pick up brand new covers under $10 there is one called 'not your mamas cloth diapers' if you google that and go into the bargain bin, they have a few covers in there at the moment.
    hth

have you looked at baby beehind covers?

I'll second the Baby Beehinds covers, and also it is worth looking at Thirsties covers too

Thanks, I'll have a google a bit later tonight.

What's the best fabric to use, PUL, wool or something else?

Thanks, I'll have a google a bit later tonight.

What's the best fabric to use, PUL, wool or something else?

Maz's fleece covers are tops...I reckon a large would fit over flats for ages.

We really love Thirsties, and Bummi's as a close second, for flat and fitted covers.
    You could also try wool soakers? And I haven't tried them but I'm sure Maz's covers are great too.

keep an eye on the buy/sell section here too. you can often get second hand covers in great condition.

I love wool covers myself, but most people do PUL by day and wool or fleece by night. If you can knit (and have time to do it LOL) or know someone who will knit for you, hand knit wool covers are fabulous. Otherwise Baby Beehinds wool covers are reasonably priced and pretty good