Thread: Wool soakers and fleece covers under clothes

Default Wool soakers and fleece covers under clothes

Hi, I have a question about wool soakers and fleece covers, can they be used under clothes?

I've been using both at night just on their own over the night nappies and they've been great. But DS is about to outgrow his small PUL covers and I wanted to replace them with fleece and/or wool but I'm worried that if they work by evaporation they won't work properly under clothes and end up wetting the clothes.

Hi Eugenia,

I use wool soakers and fleece covers under clothes with no issues. As long as you are changing the nappies regularly enough, that is, not leaving them on until their soaked through, it's fine, hope that helps.

Hey!
    I use wool shorties and soakers under everything, jeans, pants, wondersuits, sleeping bags. I haven't had any issues yet! No wet clothes and this is with one nappy all night

You will feel a slight dampness or cold feeling if the nappy is sopping. Interestingly the clothes don't feel damp once you have taken them off to change.
    As long as you understand what's going on ie it's not a leak then it's something you learn to use to your advantage

I find I only get compression leaks if the nappy is soaked underneath, and the clothing over the top is tight up against the wool (like on an all in one body suit type thing, and the snaps closed tight over the wool cover)

HTH!