thread: Black Salve for the treatment of cancer

Moving on...
    Add C~Q on Facebook

Oct 2006
    By the sea

Black Salve for the treatment of cancer

So DP's goal is to kill the cancer, at the moment he is using a lot of B17 in conjunction with a LOT of Vit A. We watched this DVD where Black Salve was used on Prostate and Breast cancer which is why he thinks it may work. I am crapping my pants because it's in his ear and he intends to put the salve in the fleshy part of the neck behind the ear. It's supposed to draw the cancer out through that...but what if it draws the black salve into his ear?

I'm seriously worried this may make things worse or even kill him. He's going to friend of his (who recommended it) she is a natropath and lives about 3 hours away on a farm. she will traat him and take care of him and the wound after.

I'm so scared becasue it's so far away and I won't be there.

please if anyone has any advice it'd be great, I think i'll be using this thread to vent a little as well x

ETA Yeddi, DP read that milk is suppsed to be bad for cancer?? This is what is so hard, there is so much conflicting advice

Nov 2006
    brisbane

Not sure babe but I just read an article about the cancer killing properties of breast milk????

BellyBelly Member
    Add helle on Facebook

Sep 2008
    Bunbury, Western Australia

My advice, as great is natural remedies are, for cancer I'd be using it in conviction with medical therapy.
    Is it possible to see a dr who has knowledge in both sides?
    I have also read that breastmilk has cancer killing properties.

Moving on...
    Add C~Q on Facebook

Oct 2006
    By the sea

Oooh thanks guys! Helle, i've been trying to find one with no luck?? In Brissy or Sunshine Coast...

The only thing his ******** Docs will do now is operate and thats a big no no from DP...they barely even see him for 5 mins now he won't do what they want. Get him in, quick look in his ear and shove him out the door :/ With a quick "you're killing yourself" on the way out

Will read up on the breast milk thing thanks guys x

BellyBelly Member
    Add Yeddi on Facebook

Aug 2010
    In a library somewhere...

Sorry, C~Q that was my own miscommunication. I was talking about coconut milk, rather than cows milk. As the others have pointed out breast milk is also very good...

Black salve ingredients are: Sheep Sorrel, Red Clover, Bloodroot, Pau D' Arco, Graviola, Galangal, Zinc Chloride, Pine Tar, Emulsifying Wax, DMSO, Wintergreen Oil, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Olive Oil, Charcoal and Purified Water.

So lets look at the ingredients:
    - Sheep Sorrel is a herb. It is very high in Vitamin C. It is most probably the vitamin C in it that gives it any cancer fighting benefit.
    -Red Clover is legume. It is high in oestrogen, and is quite commonly used in pharmaceuticals because of this. This ingredients inclusion in a cancer salve I personally find worrying. Most solid cancers are hormone driven and studies have shown that too much Oestrogen can cause DNA mutations and actually cause cancers to be more aggressive.
    -Blood root is a highly toxic flowering plant that produces a compound close to morphine. This substance kills animal cells by blocking the action of Na+/K+-ATPase transmembrane proteins. As a result, applying bloodroot to the skin may destroy tissue and lead to the formation of a large scab, called an eschar. Bloodroot and its extracts are thus considered corrosive. Studies relating to this substance being used in salves have shown that "microscopic tumor deposits may remain after visible tumor tissue is burned away, and case reports have shown that in such instances tumor has recurred and/or metastasized"[1].
    - Looking at these ingredients, my *guess* is that Pau D' Arco is one of the main active ingredients. It's a herb from South America, and has been shown to work against various parasites like malaria, schistosoma, and trypanosoma. How that applies to Cancer I'm unsure, but there is no reason he can't just drink the tea.
    - Graviola is just another name for the custard apple. This *could* be the other active ingredient based upon vitro (as in test tube) tests of the active proteins and cancer cells. Whether there is enough of the active ingredient in the salve to make a difference is again unknown, but I can't see why he can't just eat it.
    -Zinc Chloride is a skin and respiratory irritant according to its MSDS. What purpose it has in the salve I have no idea.
    - Pine tar has been used in the past to treat some skin diseases, such as rosacea, eczema and psoriasis. However, the process of making the pine tar also creates a substance called dioxane. Studies done by the Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry have shown that dioxane at high doses can cause kidney and liver damage, and has been proven to cause irritation to the nose and mouth when inhaled as vapor. It is considered corrosive.
    - Emulsifying Wax would just a benign vegetable based binding agent.
    - DMSO (Dimethyl sulfoxide) would act as the drawing and dispersing agent being a type of sulphur. Sulphur is a drawing agent that can reduce toxins (things that don't belong in the body like metals from vaccines, poisons from insect bites etc.) this is how epsom salts and chelation works, however DMSO can be very harsh, so much so it can also be used as a solvent. One study showed DMSO exposure to developing mouse brains can produce brain degeneration and this neurotoxicity could be detected at doses as low as 0.3 mL/kg within children, what effects this would have to an adult applying it near the brain I'm again unsure but I would be very cautious.
    - Wintergreen Oil (methyl salicylate) is a bit like deep heat, and is a natural low grade bleaching agent. In pure form it is toxic, especially when taken internally. A single teaspoon is equivalent to more than 23 aspirin tablets. The amount in the blood stream will be less when used topically, but can still cause poisoning if great care is not taken.
    - Stearic Acid is basically just fat, like the type they use to make candles.
    - Polysorbate 20 is a detergent and emulsifier.
    The rest are just everyday things and benign.

SO.... having looked at the above ingredients, I can see that theoretically there may be some substance behind why the salve might work in some cases BUT the theory does revolve around two elements your DP could just eat and drink and still probably have the same effect without all the high risk that comes with a LOT of the other stuff. I personally think adding some of the cancer fighting foods to his diet is the safer option, but that's easy for me to say when I'm not in that situation...

Out of curiosity, why wont he let them operate if they can? And what type of cancer? Is it just restricted to his ear or has it spread?

[1] McDaniel S., Goldman GD (December 2002). "Consequences of Using Escharotic Agents as Primary Treatment for Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer"

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

CQ, TBH I have concerns about the type of treatment you've mentioned, the vast majority of material online indicates that it's pretty radical, i suspect he could end up with a wound which is more difficult to manage than a surgical one. I understand he has his reasons why he is avoiding surgery (and after all, only he can choose) but surgery does tend to be the first line of treatment for most cancers, as crude as that is. I think you need to remember that cancer is essentially an IMMUNE SYSTEM disorder - cancerous cells are formed all the time in healthy people but the difference is their immune systems hunt them down and destroy them. So anything he can do from a wholistic viewpoint can make the difference. Has he looked at Ian Gawler's treatment regimen? It might be worth getting himself down to the Gawler foundation in Vic for an intensive, or even to Petrea King's place (she's in the NSW southern highlands I think). Just taking b17 and A seems to be pretty crude, my naturopath (who worked in oncology for many years before integrating it with her naturopathy) had me on everything from fish oil to antioxidants and mushroom extracts, plus a whole heap of stuff to support bowel health. If the b17 and a is under his friend's supervision, then I'd be a little worried, it doesnt seem like she is very experienced in this area, kwim? (too simplistic). Chemotherapy works because it is systemic medicine, so any alternative treatments also need to use systemic mechanisms in the body too. There may be a complementary/alternative cancer centre up there that might be a starting point for locating some reputable practitioners (I found the centre here in SA by phoning the Cancer Council helpline). I've emailed my naturopath too in case she has some contacts up there as well. xxx

Moving on...
    Add C~Q on Facebook

Oct 2006
    By the sea

Thank you so much! Ok so I can see I have every right to be worried...i'll show him all this stuff and hopefully he'll look at it all objectively although it seems to me he has made up his mind

Yeddi, over the past 3 years he has done so many different things on and off, I think he sees this as his last hope. He won't let them operate because they won't do the smaller op he wants them to do, only a massive one which removes the side of his head and ear and will leave hiim with (poss permenant) vretigo and loss of balance. He lives by himself (i'm an hour and half away) and he's worried about looking after himself and not being able to drive etc.... It's an Adenoide Cystic Carcenoma and it's still in his ear at the mo...no spreading and not in the bone.

MD - again, ****, thank you...i'm not sure all the things he has tried but I know there are a lot! His yoga guru had him on a lot of weird things and diet etc...he's spent so much money a=on all these little tings that haven't seemed to do much. Thank you so much for emailing your natropath...I am so bloody lost with all this x

BellyBelly Member
    Add Yeddi on Facebook

Aug 2010
    In a library somewhere...

] i suspect he could end up with a wound which is more difficult to manage than a surgical one.
    I agree. There is not a lot of flesh in the area that your DP's naturopath is planning on putting this salve, which leaves a lot less room for error and can cause some damage. Conventional medicine is not the enemy (even though it acts like it sometimes), there are occasions where it is exactly what is needed.

Aug 2006

CQ, my naturopath has got back to me and she doesn't know any one up that way to recommend. Sorry!

It's so difficult to judge the effectiveness of whatever you're doing when it comes to cancer, even the drs are at a loss to work it out. I saw a man on RPA the other night who had this pretty radical operation to his head, cut a whole chunk out and put a massive skin graft over the lot - pretty disfiguring and I thought as I was watching it, they really don't go into the impact that has had on the rest of his life. He was very grateful as he was well into his 60s and felt the treatment he'd had had already given him 4 or 5 extra years, but I couldn't help thinking how ****ted off he would've been if he was in his 30s and having to deal with all of this. So maximum hugs and compassion for what your DP is going through. None of us can really say what decisions we would make in that situation and faced with the sort of decision in front of him. I'm sure he's already had several surgical opinions, I just hope (for him) that he is making his decisions from a place where he feels that push from his spirit that it's the right thing for him, and not just out of fear of the alternative, kwim? Because no matter which way the physical illness goes, it's that inner stuff that determines the quality of life that you have.

Moving on...
    Add C~Q on Facebook

Oct 2006
    By the sea

Hi there, have to be qucik because, well it's my birthday and i'm about to go to bed with DP and he's off to do this thing tomorrow. He has read everything and still is going t do it. Have to face facts that tonight might be last time he is like this...next time he could be cured or worse...will keep you all posted...thank you for all your help xxx

Jan 2009

From what I've read Black Salve seems to be very effective for removing skin based tumours and lesions - such as cancerous moles and what not. Everything I've read says it needs to be in contact with the cancer it is removing but you don't say whether your DP's cancer is a lesion or actually inside the ear. I am guessing it must be deeper in the ear/head if it requires a big operation like you metioned to remove it. Is this a life threatening cancer we are talking about?
    I hate to be skeptical, but I don't know that black salve will help...

Moving on...
    Add C~Q on Facebook

Oct 2006
    By the sea

Ausgirl, we've read and seen a DVD about it helping a man that had prostate cancer and a lady that had breast cancer. He's hopeful because of the breast cancer lady.

It's inside his ear in the ear caal...you can't see it from the outside and yes it's life threatening. They said 6 months a few years ago, if you look at him (and you can see pics on my facebook) you would never, ever guess. He looks so fit and healthy and thats from the natural therapies he's doing. But it's not getting any smaller.

I am absolutely terrified about this

Jan 2009

When you get into the life threatening realm and the use of natural treatments over medicine is when I guess I get quite scared for the person - because it's your life your playing with. I would hope that the woman with breast cancer was also being closely monitored by doctors.
    I suppose my skepticsm would come from the question of why, if these treatments are proven to work, haven't there been proper medical trials and studies? I suppose big money in medicine could be part of that.

Moving on...
    Add C~Q on Facebook

Oct 2006
    By the sea

I think that may be a big part of it. It's hard to say things like that without sounding paranoid and conspiracy theory-like but there is no way Big Pharma will ever let there be a cure for cancer...especially one that costs about $15.

MD thank you for trying with your Naturopath x

He left today and i'm fricking terrified. But I know what will happen will happen and there is nothig I can do now...just wait till I hear from him. I'm not religious but hoping beyond hope right now that it cures him. Or at least deosn't make things worse.

Thank you everyone for your help and support, will keep you posted x

Resident Samsquanch

Jan 2005
    Down by the ocean

C~Q Sorry no advice just

Aug 2006

CQ At least you know he's having a shot at doing it his own way, and how important that is to him. How long until you see him again?

Moving on...
    Add C~Q on Facebook

Oct 2006
    By the sea

Thanks beautiful xxx

I know MD, it's important that he feels in control which I guess he does now...I don't know when i'll see him. I told him to keep me posted and let me know when he does it. I'm guessing maybe tomorrow and then he'll stay there till he's able to look after himself. However long that takes. I've told him to call if he needs me and that i'll go and get him if he wants. But with the kids at home he's not going to want to recover here...it's too much for him.

I hope it's only a week but who knows...as long as he keeps me posted, i'll be oging out of my mind if he just "doesn't think" to let me know. And knowing him it wouldn't surprise me

Nov 2006
    brisbane

x