Thread: Massage oil when pregnant...

Default Massage oil when pregnant...

Hi girls,

Im heading off to Bali in 2 days for a babymoon with hubby. I LOVE massages and still plan on having them over there even though I will be 28 weeks pregnant.

Im very well travelled and know that reflexology etc are big no no's when pregnant. I will only be going to proper day spa's (no dodgy $5 street massages for me).

Can you ladies please let me know what oils are ok to use when pregnant and which should be avoided?

Thanks,

Aim x

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Chicky enjoy!
    Almond, grapeseed and basic oils like that are fine. Peppermint is out and even lavender is a bit too much. If you go to a spa then you should be fine!

Ooh Watching with interest, I'm going to Bali in 3 weeks time and I'll be 24 weeks. Don't want to miss out on some decadent massages!
    Enjoy your trip Amy!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Most decent massage therapists have oils for pregnancy/sensitive skin. A plain, cold pressed vegetable type of oil like mentioned above - almond etc - is perfectly fine.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Thanks for the replies girls I think I might go buy some almond oil before I go and get them to use that. I'm just a bit worried as most of the oils are already premixed. Sometimes with the language barrier they will just tell you what you want to hear IYKWIM.

Ree - ill let you know which ones are good when I get back

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Amy we use grapeseed oil for massages. You can by it in the food oil aisle at the supermarket it's a lovely oil and has no smell at all

Yay thanks joeve! I've got to go to the supermarket tomorrow so I'll grab some then

Should mention to you also that my morning sickness finally stopped at 26 weeks so fingers crossed yours eases soon xxx

Oh good idea to take the oil yourself! And thanks, that'd be great
    Febris is right near where we are staying and we went there last year for all our massages

Yeah i've been there as well, they are good aren't they.

Amo Day Spa is really good as well and good prices for a 'Elite' Day spa. Also check out the spa at the Breezes Hotel in Seminyak.