Thread: Pro-biotic + Fish Oil - When to administer?

Default Pro-biotic + Fish Oil - When to administer?

I got some Fish Oil and a pro-biotic for DS today.
    We have been sick for all but about 3 weeks this term after rarely getting sick at all for the last 3 years!
    And I read that Omega 3 can help with children's behaviour. (Any experiences with this would be fab)

So I'm just wondering when is the best time to give them.
    Morning/ midday/ night?
    Together/ certain amount of time apart?
    Is there certain foods that help it to be absorbed or does it not really matter?
    Anything that affects the effectiveness/ anything that must not be taken at the same time?
    Anything else I should know?

I have a herbal tea that is supposed to help him sleep which has St Johns Wart in it and a couple of other herbs in it. That should be ok for him still, shouldn't it?

I'm not sure I'd give anything with st johns wart in it, I'd use camomile tea

oh really? I dont actually know what it is, just remembered hearing something, as a kid, about not taking it and anti-depressants at the same time..

I actually got the tea for me, but thought it may help DS as well. I did ask the shop assistant, but I assume she doesnt actually have any training WRT the herbs in thier teas. (@ Tea2)

I'm subbing. I've been giving dd probiotic in the morning in her breakfast. And am trying to work out how to give her fish oil. Never even thought abt what/when is best time to give.

Sorry, fat fingers syndrome might occur.

So I just did a quick google and am concerned that they would sell this without even notifying people that it is an ingredient. It can interfere with birth control, HIV meds, auto-immune disease medications, and umpteen other things and should only be used on medical advice

This wasn't the point of my post but I'm slightly horrified. How many people drink this without knowing?! Surely it would have to be a very small amount?

Is it ok for me to drink it if I'm breastfeeding overnight still?

The tea? no I wouldnt

------------------------
    unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. its not.
    Dr Seuss

Grr! So annoyed! That was my last 13 $